Chapter 13: Louis POV

What had I done!!! I left the Harry Styles!!! How could I do that!!! Sure he didn’t know who I was, but still I left him. And if that wasn’t enough, Zayn saw me. That’s why Liam and I are driving back to the house, probably breaking the speed limit.

“ Liam what am gonna do. Today was supposed to be one of the best nights of my life and look what happens!!! I am in sooo much trouble.” I had my face in my hands and didn’t dare look up until we were back at Liam’s.

“ Louis it wasn’t a total bust, I mean you got to dance with Harry. I think he’s quite into you.” Liam gushed. That might be true, but once he finds out it was me he’ll think otherwise.

“ Liam he didn’t even know it was me. What makes you think he’ll still be into me once he finds out it was just the stupid golf caddy.”

“ Lou give yourself some credit He did invite you to the party in the first place. Just tell him. I’m sure he doesn’t care.” Liam said reassuringly. Yeah because life is that easy. We finally made it back to Liam’s and we rushed inside. The second we stepped through the door, we threw off our costumes. The house phone went off a few seconds later. Liam dashed off to answer it.

“ Mr. Cowell how are you today… Louis well of course he’s here… Sure one second.” he handed me the phone.

“ Hey Uncle Simon… Yep we’ve been here all night… party no of course not…” Suddenly the doorbell rang. Liam went to answer, again.

“ Where’s Louis???” Zayn and Niall exclaimed in unison. They rushed in and found me standing in the hallway on the phone.

“ Hey Zayn, Niall. Want to talk to Uncle Simon.” They seemed pretty shocked but grabbed the phone anyway. Liam and I went off to the living room, leaving my cousins to fend for themselves against my uncle.

“ That was close.” Liam whispered. It was pretty clear that my cousins and uncle were arguing. I felt bad, but hey who told them to go off on a wild goose chase.

“ Yeah Dad I’m sorry… Yes we’ll be home in an hour… fine in twenty… yes Dad I know… But I need my car… Dad!!!...” I could hear Zayn saying. Eventually he hung up. He mumbled a goodbye and left without another word, Niall following close behind. I sighed in relief after they left.

That night I had a tough time falling asleep. I just couldn’t stop thinking about the party. Harry actually asked me to dance. We slowed dance to one of the most romantic songs ever created ( I like disney ok) and now all I have to show for it is the memory. I groaned and tried closing my eyes again. All I could see was the way those emerald eyes shone through his eye mask. The way his white button up shirt and cape accented his gorgeous body. Bloody hell I was in too deep. The one thing that really made my heart flutter was what he had said. ‘You know I think I really like you. There’s just something about you that’s making me go crazy.’ Those words were ringing in my brain. I made him crazy!!! He likes me!!! The more I thought about it the more I realized that this would never work. He probably didn’t mean it. He probably said that to every guy he had a thing for. I’m just kidding myself into thinking he would actually like me. I groaned again before finally letting tiredness overtake me in a dreamless sleep.