Chapter 52

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

My hands shook, but I was ready for this.

I knocked on Mom and dad's room. They usually relaxed there when they wanted to give us privacy. Mom opened the door. "Mm honey? You need anything?"

"I need to talk to you." I walked in hiding the document behind my back.

Dad was on the balcony drinking coffee and relaxing. He glanced behind his shoulder seeing me. "Oh?"

"Can you come in for a second?" I beckoned him inside and sat down on their bed.

He walked inside and I tapped the bed so they sit on it.

"I feel like I'm getting reprimanded." Mom laughed and nudged dad. "Did we do something wrong?"

Dad just shrugged.

"I accidentally found this."

I presented the stack of papers in front of them.

Mom covered her mouth and glanced at dad worried.

"I didn't read it. I don't know what's inside." I pressed my hands together. "But um.. I want to know now. I need to know. Why am I the only one who wasn't told her adoption story? Why was this separated from the other documents?"

Dad covered his face letting out a hurt sigh. "I guess I have to tell her now." His hands were shaking.

"I'll do it." Mom took his hand. "I will tell her. Go outside for some air."

Without a word dad went outside and closed the door of the balcony. This must have been really difficult for him. I've never seen him like this.

Mom sat on the same side as me and put an arm around me.

"Now let's see where to start."

I could tell in her voice she was as nervous as me to tell me.

"It was a month after your father and I bought this house and moved here after traveling for so long. We started working in a hospital again. It was somewhere in the middle of the night when I was paged to come to the hospital and do emergency surgery. Your father was already at work doing the third shift. I came in as quickly as I can. The ER had brought in a couple and their young daughter. They were in a car accident. The man was in critical condition and didn't make it in time for the surgery. The woman was assigned in my OR . She was also badly hurt, but she did well in surgery."

I whole body suddenly felt very cold despite mom holding me. My biological parents were in an accident?

Mom took my fingers and played with them in her warm hand.

"Both of them were in their thirties. Young and full of life, yet they suffered that tragic accident. The woman.."

Her voice gave out so she cleared her throat giving me a comforting smile.