I Thought You Had Me All Figured Out.

Y/N sits back and attentively positions herself to hear him out.

Namjoon: Y/N, I think I like you.

Y/N: Umm.. I'm sure you like my ideas, right?

Namjoon: And also how you think, carry yourself and how you talk about stuff you like with a twinkle in your eye.

Y/N feels a knot tying in her throat as she hears Namjoon speak his heart out.

Namjoon: I'd love to get to know you more, if you allow it. It would make me quite happy.

Y/N: Mr. Namjoon.

Namjoon: Please, call me Namjoon.

Y/N: (Stands up) Mr. Namjoon, I'm.. I don't know.. (Takes a deep breath) Mr. Namjoon. (He stands up to face her) I can't allow it. I'm sorry. You're too kind to say all this to me but please know I didn't mean to lead you on or give you any wrong impression-

Namjoon: Don't you see how easy it is for us to talk to each other?

Y/N: I'm getting uncomfortable, Mr. Namjoon.

Namjoon: No. Please. (Holding her hands) I never meant to do that. I'm sorry.

Y/N: (Gently removes his hands from hers) I'm sorry. The timing, the circumstance. It's all just too sudden and too much.

Namjoon: If it's time you need then I can wait for you.

Y/N never heard anyone say that to her before. Someone was willing to wait for her. She feels if she stays too long she'll end up tearing up in front of Namjoon. She feels a tug at her heart but she is now legally married. Although just on paper, she was still married to another man and she was never the kind of person who'd cheat on her commitments. She hangs her head low. Closes her eyes and softly states.

Y/N: Please forgive me but I can't let you wait for something that might never happen.

Namjoon: If there's something that's bothering you then you can tell me. I'll try and fix it.

Y/N: It's not for you to fix.

She begins leaving but before that she mutters.

Y/N: I hope this doesn't affect your relationship with JMC.

Namjoon: I'd never do that. You have my word.

Y/N: Thank you.

Namjoon stands there, takes a deep breath and watches Y/N leave without looking at him.

JMC Office.

Jungkook: That's good. I'll have the arrangements done, you get the discharge papers ready.

He hangs up and is just about to text his driver, he hears a knock on his door.

Jungkook: Come in.

Y/N walks in.

Jungkook: How was the trial?

Y/N: It was actually very impressive-

Jungkook: So is your persistence.

Y/N: Excuse me?

Jungkook: You just can't help yourself can you?

Y/N: Please just come out and say what you have to. I'm getting tired-

Jungkook: (Stands up from his chair, places his hands firmly on his desk) You'll never stop will you? Leeching on to us, sucking your way through life. Living off a salary just doesn't cut it for you does it?