2 [OLD-OLD]

The next day was when the three decided to take action. By the time it reached free time, they searched the house for Ciel instead of playing tag with the others like they usually would (much to Don's displeasure).

They weren't sure where he'd be, so they asked some of their other siblings if they'd seen him.

Which leads us up to now.

The trio peeking around the doorframe of the library as the bluenet looks through the bookshelves, softly muttering to himself every now and then.

Ray was the first to approach. "Hey," He spoke from behind Ciel which seemed to startle the boy, as he flinched before turning around and sighing a little.

He simply waved back before attempting to go back to his search for a certain book, only for it to be interrupted once more by Emma and Norman, who walked in.

"Hi there! I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm Emma." The happy ginger exclaimed as she held out a hand towards the shy kid.

He turned back around to face them and shook Emma's hand, but looked away from the three. They were all quiet again until Norman decided to speak up.

"I'm Norman, it's nice to meet you, Ciel." Norman smiled softly as the bluenet looked back at the three once again, hesitantly.

"You as well, I suppose.." Ciel muttered, but loud enough for the three to hear it. They were all surprised after hearing the accent he had. Ray introduced himself as well before the silence started to settle in again, only for Ciel to break it.

"If that's all, I'll be going back to—" He'd turned around and begun walking back to the bookshelves, only to be cut off by tripping on a loose shoelace.

Ray snickered a little as Emma went to help Ciel up. Once she had, she'd noticed his untied shoelaces and pointed out the details. "Hey! You're shoes are untied!"

He looked down at the laces a sighed a little before looking away from the three and blushing slightly in embarrassment. "I.. don't know how to tie my shoes.."

Ray continued to struggle to hold in his laugh as Norman snickered a bit as well. Emma glared at the both of them to shut them up (elbowing Ray in the process) before looking back at Ciel.

"Do you want me to help?" She asked him. He only nodded silently, embarrassed by the fact that he couldn't tie his shoes. Emma smiled a bit and tied his shoes for him.

After she finished, she bounced back up and smiled at him. Before he had the chance to thank her, Ray spoke up. "So, what book are you looking for?"

Ciel looked at him for a moment before turning back to the bookshelf he was searching earlier. "Just one that would catch my interest." He lied. He didn't need more trouble than he already was in.

Ray had a feeling the blue-eyed boy was lying, but let it go for the time being. Before silence befell the group once more, Norman realized something.

"Hey, you were in a separate room for your test this morning, right?" He asked Ciel, gaining the attention of the other three, Ciel looking back at them once more.

"Yeah, he was! Why were you in a different room?" Emma asked. Ciel sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "I was given one on paper, while you know what you use. That might be the reason, but I don't exactly know." He answered, this time honestly.

The three others glanced at each other. Another strange thing about the boy, he was given a paper test instead of using one of the computers they used.

But why? They didn't know. Every time they asked him a question, they never got answers, only more questions. But, there's one question they haven't asked yet, that's been on Norman's mind since the boy arrived.

"One more thing, and sorry if I come off as rude, but... why do you need an eyepatch?" He'd asked as politely as possible.

Meanwhile, Ciel's eye widened slightly at the question, not sure how to answer it without giving away too much.

He didn't want the three to know about what he was trying to do, and he didn't want them to see him as the enemy. After all, they were currently in similar positions.

'Damnit... how do I get out of this?'

(A/N: Sorry if this isn't that great, I'm probably gonna edit it in the future)