6 [OLD-OLD]

After Ciel had made a good way into the woods, he slowed down to catch his breath before looking for a place to stay while he'd wait for time to run out and add to his notes.

He ended up finding a good place behind a tree that was surrounded by bushes tall enough to hide him from view. He opened his notebook once more and began to read what he'd written down.

While he did this, Norman caught other children left and right as Emma and Ray helped them learn other ways to strategize and do more to hide their presence.

Things were going smoothly for the top-scoring trio. As they continued the training, Ciel looked over his notes as well as adding new ones. He didn't add many, though.

While he was doing this, he heard someone making their way towards him. He closed the notebook and began to devise a plan.

Other than where he was before, there weren't many places to hide. He was about to just leave the spot and move before he realized there was another spot to hide.

He looked up and sighed as he thought to himself, 'Well, here goes nothing...'

。 。 。 。 。

A while later, the top scoring trio had come back around the area Ciel had hidden, trying to find the bluenet.

"You didn't have any trouble finding the other kids, right?" Ray asked the albino. Norman nodded in response. "I've looked everywhere, but I haven't seen any sign of him."

They continued to converse as they searched for the boy. Meanwhile, Ciel was perched high up in a nearby tree with a clear view of the trio and hearing every word they were saying.

"That's the first time that's ever happened since Norman got on his winning streak, right?" Emma asked while turning to Ray. Ciel smirked to himself a bit at this question, feeling pride in his accomplishment.

"I think so, I don't remember anyone ever evading Norman for this long before." Ray answered Emma's question truthfully, also surprised at the boy's achievement.

After this, Ciel had decided he'd heard enough and cleared his throat, causing the trio to look up and see the smirking bluenet who was sat atop a branch high in a tree.

The three were astonished, to say the least. He was a pretty small kid, so they didn't expect him to be able to climb so high up, though they were clearly proven wrong.

He looked down at the three with cold eyes but a small smirk, nonetheless. "It took you long enough." Ray rolled his eyes a little. "Don't be so full of yourself."

Ciel only chuckled a little at the comment before swiftly making his way down and landing on his feet, surprising himself as well. He looked back up at the trio.

"I assume you three wanted to speak with me?" He asked, crossing his arms. Norman stepped up calmly with a small smile on his face and holding his hands behind him.

"Yes, actually," He answered. "Well then, out with it." Norman took the book Ray was holding and gave Ciel a close-eyed smile. Ciel was a bit confused before seeing the cover.

Recherche Démoniaque 101

It was the book he'd read through the night before.

He was caught red-handed.

His eye widened a little before his expression turned into a scowl. 'Damnit...' He wasn't sure if they knew any French, but if they brought the book, they must've known something about it.

"We wanna know why you were reading this last night, and please be honest." Norman spoke. To Ciel, it sounded less like a question and more like a threat, despite Norman's soft tone.

"The answer's right in front of you. If you'd read it, you'd understand what I mean." His tone made it pretty clear that he wasn't exactly impressed.

The three were confused a bit before it finally clicked.

"You're planning to escape, aren't you..?" Emma asked, her voice a little shaky. Ciel scoffed and rolled his eye. "It took you three long enough to figure it out, I thought you were meant to be prodigies."

"Then let's join forces." "Pardon?" Norman softly smiled as he continued. "Join us and we'll all escape together."

Ciel looked at Norman as if he'd grown two heads. "You can't be serious." Emma joined in. "Yeah! It'll make things a lot easier if you help us out."

"Not only that, but we already have some knowledge on how the system of the farms work." Ray butted in, starting to smirk a little. "So long story short, it'd be a huge advantage for both of us."

Ciel continued to look at them as if they'd lost their minds before quickly snapping out of it and finally giving a response.

"Fine, I'll do it."