4 [OLD-OLD]

That night, when the other children were sleeping, Ciel had stayed up and snuck to the empty library, notebook in hand.

Once he made it there, he continued the search for a certain book. He looked for a little while before finally finding the one he was looking for.

Demonology.

。 。 。 。 。

Meanwhile, back at the Phantomhive Manor, the servants were freaking out about their young master's disappearance.

"What could've happened to him?!" Bard, the cook, screamed in a panic. "Oh, I haven't a clue, Bard, no I don't!" The maid, Mey-Rin, had replied.

All of a sudden, the young gardener of the manor, Finny, came running in. "Mr. Sebastian is gone, too!" He exclaimed, causing the other two to freeze before freaking out once more.

'What are we going to do?!'  The three couldn't help thinking simultaneously.

。 。 。 。 。

Ciel flicked through the book he'd found, nothing he'd seen so far being what he wanted. He continued to look before finally stumbling upon a certain page.

Contract Demons, Natural Demons & Wild Demons: Know the Difference

He'd finally found what he was looking for. He scanned the page and read it thoroughly, not skipping over any detail.

Contract Demons
Contract Demons are the most well known and are the only type of demon that are possible to summon, if the summoning is performed correctly.
Not only can they take on human forms, they can also form contracts with humans in exchange for their souls, hence why they were named "Contract Demons."
If a human has made a contract with one of these demons, a mark is placed somewhere on their body, the one making the contract with the demon choosing where.
While in a contract, a demon will also have the same mark the human has on them, but on their right hand, to show they are both bound to the same contract.
This type of demon feeds on human souls and survives that way, but can go long periods of time without consuming a single soul. They are also only able to feed on a human's soul after a contract with them is completed.
There are many subtypes of these demons, but these are the most common traits among them. They are also the only demons capable of turning humans into demons.

Natural Demons
Natural Demons are much more different from Contract Demons. They are completely unable to take on human forms, but are able to become humanoid-like creatures.
These demons need to feed on human beings as a whole to maintain their human-like features. However, they don't live alongside humans like Contract Demons.
Instead, they have a completely different territory to them. Their territory is shared with the Wild Demons.
The territory of the Natural Demons is actually an entirely separate world to the one where humans live, but the worlds are still connected.

Wild Demons
Wild Demons are very similar to Natural Demons. Much like Natural Demons, whatever they eat, they become very similar to.
Natural Demons are what would be the result if a Wild Demon had started mainly feeding on humans. Although, Wild Demons are only able to feed on various wild animals and insects, causing them to take many different animalistic forms.
By this fact alone, it is extremely simple to tell the difference between Natural Demons and Wild Demons. But because they have no language or culture, they are seen as animals by all demons, and even called "barbarians" by all other demons.

Ciel read the descriptions over and over again, almost memorizing the section before finally taking his eyes off the pages and smirking a little to himself.

He'd finally found what he was looking for.

However, he was too distracted by his own victory that he failed to notice the lingering figure by the door to the library, who'd been following him the entire time.

'I knew you were hiding something. I'll have to tell the others what I saw...'  The figure thought to themselves before going back to their room.

(A/N: Yes, double update. Inspiration hit like a truck)