XLVII ⚜️

Third-person POV

"Casey? Casey, where are you?!" Eliana yelled. No response.

After Casey had left, she fell asleep. She had no idea how many hours it took for her to realize that Casey isn't home anymore.

Now, Eliana was running from room to room, yelling Casey's name. It was unless.

Eliana was about to check outside when she heard the sound of the opening doors. For a moment she was happy.

For a split second, she was sure it's Casey. But then she realized that it might be someone else. Her heart sank. She started advancing towards the sound source. When she saw the intruder's back, she instantly knew who it is.

"Rafael? What are you doing here?" Eliana asked. Her fists clenched until her nails dug into her palms.

"I came to get you home," he said as if it was obvious.

"How did you find me?" she continued her questioning. It took him several hours to get to her. Just that. What if Harvey is on the island as well?

"Casey had a tracker on her. Besides, she contacted Remi and Milo to get you both out of here" Rafael explained.

"Really? Wait, does that mean she's safe?" Eliana asked hopefully, "I can't find her anywhere"

"She should be waiting in the hotel room for us. Remi and Milo went to fetch her, and they will contact me as soon as they find her. For now, all we need to do is wait. And talk" Rafael informed.

"Of course, you want to talk" Eliana sighed and dropped down on the sofa. The depressive mood she was in came back quickly.

"Eliana. Look at me" Rafael kneeled in front of her and took her head in his hands, "I want to know what the hell were you thinking. How could you run off like that?" Oh, he was pissed, but anger was not the only emotion that was there in his eyes. It was also sadness.

"You really ask me this question?" Eliana asked quietly. "What would you do in my place? After I learned that you decided to hide from me my family's involvement with the mafia, the relationship between our families. Not to mention, you neglected to tell me who stands behind your sister's death, how can I trust you?"

"I can't blame you entirely for your reaction. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Harvey fed you a lie mixed with truth. My sister died and I wanted revenge. I didn't have pure intentions when we started our deal, that's true. However, you must be blind Eliana to assume that nothing changed. Do you think our relationship is a lie? I'm in love with you. I would never do anything to hurt you now. I consider you as a part of my family" Rafael admitted.

Before Eliana could respond Rafael's phone started ringing, he picked up and held the phone to his ear.

"Yes?"

"Hello, Rafael. Once again, you're making my life difficult. I don't recall inviting you for our family vacation"

"I invited myself" Rafael responded curtly.

"Obviously. Because of you, Eliana is missing family activities. Thank God we have Casey here" Harvey said in fake joy in his voice. He was disgusting.

"I suppose Eliana is somewhere nearby, right?" Harvey asked nicely.

Eliana heard everything he was saying. The moment Harvey asked for her, she took the phone from Rafael's hand and ignored his annoyed look.

"Let her go, bastard if you hurt her, I swear-" Eliana said in loud voice.

"The solution to your problems is very simple, dear Eliana. Bring me the signed papers and it all ends. If you know what's good for Casey you will come alone" he said and after that, he hung up.