Dark Hour;

I read the book on my lap;the soft conversations of the Slytherin's were nice background sound.
   Today,had been exhausting:magical wise. The professor,Dumbledore seemed to have a burning hatred for me and me alone. Sure,he obviously wasn't a Slytherin fan but he continued to point out the small,insignificant mistakes I made.
    Each time I did outstanding he would simply sweep it under the rug;rewarding Slytherin nothing,even if it was casted perfectly and it was a spell ahead of our year whereas a damn Ravenclaw would do poorly and they suddenly found themselves with fifty extra house points,for effort,the man told them.
   It reminded me of the orphanage,I shivered at the thought of that place. The professor was obviously bias towards me for whatever Ms.Cole blabbed to him while drunk. The freak,the little bastard,really the man no doubt knew every small detail about him,that Ms.Cole and everyone else there created of him.If something went bad? Oh,it was the freak up in the attics fault.
   Ergo,here I am,reading,a pastime that I often than not enjoy when I'm in a rotten mood. I found myself absolutely fascinated with objects that hold magic;like Persephone's necklace wrapped around my neck,perfectly hidden from everyone's view.
   For what seemed like hours I read magical items until my heart seemed to stop. There it was,on page seven hundred was the blue Little Rock that's hidden behind articles of clothing.
   I greedily read everything that was known about it.
   The Rock Of Tales;
  In the 10th century,Salazar Slytherin,one of Hogwarts founding members discovered the rock. The man researched and dug deeply to find anything concerning the rock;but discovered nothing. When the man was on his death bed he told his son,Samuel a story.
  He clasped the rock tightly as he told his son to pass it down in his family until a certain girl would come and claim it once again;claiming that it would be lost to one of his descendant. Saying that the mysterious girl and one of his descendants would meet twice;the unknown girl would claim her rock and would see if the single descendant was worthy or not to reign by her side.
   Of course,this could only be a dying mans last tale for his son to ensure his passing wouldn't hurt more than necessary. After all,no one has seen the rock for more than two hundred years.
  I quickly closed the thick book,a smile on my face as I followed my housemates to dinner. It seemed, I would be researching about Salazar Slytherin himself,to see if my family was related to the founding member in any way.

Hi! Just wanted to tell you guys that I published another story! So,while you wait you can read the other book! Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter! Tootles.