Loren | cadet Logan.

The world was so small that there existed the possibility that somehow Creepy Vanilla Mint Guy might be Meg's sugar-daddy's son. The way he'd said my stage name, the way he told me I'd "found" him, really freaked me out, more than I cared to admit aloud. Upon hearing my concern, Shane seemed brushed it off like it was no big deal, like it was impossible for that guy and Creepy Vanilla Mint Guy to be the same person, like Meg was the one with the primary problems, but Meg didn't have to keep seeing that dad. I, on the other hand, was possibly being watched by that guy, and being sent letters, and suddenly the contents of his letters didn't seem so funny anymore.

I'd saved the first letter, kept it as a sort of memento, and reading it now made my stomach turn. "Logan. This is the only way I know how to reach you. I can't communicate with you the way you've been communicating with me. Your powers are beyond my scope. Yes, I've received your messages. You've forced me to watch every one of your videos and I've deciphered all the codes. But we can't be together, Logan. Stop pushing yourself on me. Please get out of my mind. I'm sorry you're in love with me but your feelings aren't reciprocated and we'll never be together."

Shane didn't care. Shane was prioritizing Meg over me. I hated that. I was so angry at him.

I was also angry at Shane for telling Meg about my work, like who the fuck was he to tell her that very private information.

I decided to ignore his calls and texts for a while, despite the fact that I was pretty close to getting him to have sex with me again. It was probably a good thing, because I had a shoot coming up, and Shane had been getting weirder and weirder each time I had a shoot. This tension always formed between us, which neither of us had yet acknowledged with our words, but I could feel it, and I knew he could, too, because he was the cause of it. I didn't know if it meant he felt jealous, but that very-realistic possibility only made me angry, because it meant that he viewed me as his, when I belonged to no one. It also might have meant he was disgusted, a worse possibility.

I wasn't sure what to expect from my shooting "Lieutenant Lopez Gives It to Loren," especially since I was going to be working with an actor I hadn't met before.

When I went into the studio, I quickly discovered the actor playing Lieutenant Lopez was hot as fuck. With the body of a marine, which you could see even before he took off his costume, he truly looked the part. He had glowing tanned skin and soft pink lips. His hair was dark and shiny, and I wanted to run my fingers through it because it looked so soft, but that kind of affection wasn't in the script, where I had done something wrong and could either be dishonorably discharged or take the Lieutenant's punishment. Spoiler: I took the punishment.

But before the shoot even started, the actor—his name was Michael—asked me, "Why don't we warm up with a kiss?"

The script was a no-kisser, so I told him fuck yeah. We made out for a good five minutes before it was time to get started.

The shoot went great, even with our ridiculously cheap Halloween-esque military costumes, and those came off pretty quickly anyways. I didn't even get to that point I get to sometimes where my side started hurting from all the sex, where I had to will myself to continue and to look like I enjoyed every minute of it, where I had to play head games with myself and repeat my mind over matter mantra so that every scene succeeded. No, I really did enjoy every minute of it, all five hours of shooting, and when the film stopped rolling I made out with Michael again, and he told me it was a pleasure working with me and that he hoped we would meet again, and I agreed.

After that shoot, I saw that Shane had called me, so I caved in and called him back. After that shoot, I didn't feel as worried about Creepy Vanilla Mint Guy as I had earlier.