Loren | Logan gets f'd by his stepdad, part 2.

When the police came to question me, I thought they were questioning me about drugs. I was even on drugs when they came, but they didn't seem to notice or care.

"Where were you yesterday evening?"

"I was here, at my apartment."

"Describe to us what happened."

"I went to the club. I came home. That's it."

"Did you or did you not come here with Scott Watson?"

Scott? That was his name?

"I didn't come home with anybody," I said, because whatever had happened between me and that creep didn't happen, I didn't want it to have happened, I would deny it happening. "Look, why are you here?"

"Shane Mass, you know him?"

I nodded yes.

"He claims you and he had a sexual relationship, and that he caught you in a compromising position with Scott Watson yesterday evening, and that that was why he got into a physical altercation with Scott at Scott's father's home yesterday. Can you verify this?"

What? "I don't know what happened yesterday, okay? I was pretty drunk."

"This is serious, Loren. There is a murder investigation."

My heartbeat sounded in my ears. "Scott was murdered?"

"No. Phil Lancaster was murdered."

"I don't know who that is," I said, but I had a vague notion that it might be the same Phil who Skylar was sleeping with. Or who Skylar had been sleeping with, if he really was dead.

The police left after that, and I tried calling Shane. He didn't answer.

* * *

I walked into our studio late, and Vaughn yelled at me, but clouds drifted through my mind, as I'd consumed the last of my stash of pills. His lips moved, but I didn't really care what he said.

Vaughn got in my face. "Earth. To. Loren!"

"What?" I said, startled to see him so close to me.

"We decided to do that paddling scene last so your ass doesn't look like a tomato in all the other scenes."

Fuck. I forgot about the paddling scene. While I believed a fine line existed between pleasure and pain, I'd never thought that was true for extreme pain, and people took that concept to the absolute extreme. But that just took you further away from the place where pain met pleasure, and you were all the way over in pain land.

I took a deep sigh, realizing that in a few hours, after everything else I would have to endure, Bjorn would spank my ass with a paddle repeatedly. There would be nothing pleasurable about it.

"Great," I told Vaughn.

Bjorn came into my line of sight. He came close to me and touched my cheek with his hand. "Carpet burn? Gotta hand it to you, Loren, you're unruly."

"That looks like shit, Loren," Vaughn said.

"And you look higher than a kite," Bjorn told me.

"You really do," Vaughn said, and I realized he stood close to me, too. "I should fucking fire you."

"Why not just put it into the script?" said Bjorn. "Daddy catches him high, gives him what he deserves."

Vaughn touched his chin in contemplation, then smiled and pointed a finger at Bjorn. "I like the way you think. Excellent. Let's do it." Then he walked away.