too much love will kill you

TW: one guy shouts at Haruna because he doesn't want her talking to Kira. yeah he explodes.

"Kira!" exclaimed Haruna as she ran towards him in the supermarket.

"Oh, good morning Yukimura. How has your weekend off been so far?" asked Kira as he continued to look for the perfect tomato.

"It's been good, and yours?"

"It's been very relaxing."

"What are you going to make with all those tomatoes?" Haruna asked.

"I'm making lasagna. Would you like to join me for dinner tonight?" asked Kira as he put another tomato in a small plastic bag.

"Well, about that.... I have a date tonight. Unfortunately he said he knows how to cook so we're here looking for ingredients..." said Haruna gesturing to the shopping basket resting on her forearm.

"Oh....What is he planning on making with this? The second black plague?" asked Kira as he looked through the pile of random food items consisting of frosting, spaghetti noodles, instant ramen, oregano, onions, and ketchup.

Haruna giggled at Kira's remark.

"He calls it 'Nakajima's pasta' but I'm not sure how he survives if he's eaten this...." Haruna sighed.

"How did you end up with a date?" asked Kira.

"One of my co-workers set me up with him. I'm not planning on going on any more dates with him unless this 'Nakajima's pasta' actually tastes good and that his personality is better than his looks," Haruna said.

"Hey sweet cheeks! Who's this?" asked a large, athletic looking man.

"Riku, this is my friend from work, Yoshikage Kira."

Kira grimaced at the man with hope that he was more than he seemed. Unfortunately that would not be the case.

"Nice to meet ya, now me and sweet cheeks gotta get to cooking," said the man with a wink, "let's go babe!"

Haruna quickly waved goodbye as they left, but something didn't sit right with Kira.

He left his groceries in the store and quietly followed the two outside, watching as Riku roughly grabbed Haruna's arm.

"What the hell was that!?" he spat.

"That was me saying hi to my friend," Haruna replied.

"Well I don't want you talking to him around me anymore!"

"Excuse me."

Kira calmly grabbed Riku's shoulder.

"Ugh! Why do you always have to be around her!?" growled Riku.

"Do I make you feel inferior?" asked Kira.

"Of course not! I'm the one with the beautiful date!" Riku guffawed.

"Yes, but it seems like you don't like it when I talk to her, so you must feel at least jealous. Tell me Nakajima, do I make you scared?" asked Kira, pulling off his jacket and dropping it on the ground beside him.

"No, you're just a tiny man who wants to play hero," said Riku, cracking his knuckles.

"Haruna, could you please take my wallet into the store and grab my groceries for me? There should be enough yen," said Kira.

Haruna nodded, grabbing the wallet and running in the store.

"What? Didn't want her to see you get your ass handed to you? Good idea, she'd be scarred for life," growled Riku.

"Oh no. I just can't allow her to see what I'm going to do to you, she'd be scared of me if she'd stuck around," Kira explained, summoning Killer Queen, "Killer Queen!"

Riku looked at himself for a split second before he watched in horror as his body began to burst into smoke and flames.

Kira watched in triumph and his target disappeared without a trace.

"Learn how to respect people of higher rank than you," Kira said, picking up his coat and pulling it on before leaving the scene.

"Kira, I got your groceries," Haruna exclaimed, running out of the store.

"Thank you Yukimura, I think your date may have bailed on you...." Kira sighed.

"Thank goodness," Haruna exclaimed, "I didn't have a good feeling about him and that interaction just proved it."

Haruna quickly embraced Kira, letting out a sigh of relief.

"I think I might be able to join you for dinner tonight after all."

-----------------------------------------

Haruna nervously tugged at the hem of her dress.

She decided to change into something slightly fancier considering that Kira was the most formal person she knew but she still wanted to be casual.

She picked a form fitting off the shoulder red dress that went down to her calves with long sleeves. She put on a simple pair of red flats and decided against wearing lipstick and left her hair down.

She knocked on the door three times and waited for a couple seconds before the door opened.

"Welcome Haruna, please come in," Kira said, stepping to the side.

He had on a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up and his usual purple pants.

"Thanks for inviting me before that whole issue happened," Haruna said nervously.

"It's fine, though you seem to have a lot of problems with men," Kira said.

"Unfortunately. But you're the only one I haven't had a problem with. You're like a samurai in shining armor!" Haruna concluded.

"Well, if I'm the only man you don't have problems with, then why don't we go on a date?"

"Really? I was waiting for you to ask!" Haruna exclaimed, jumping into Kira's arm and kissing him.

"For how long?" Kira replied, resting his clasped hands on Haruna's back as they looked at one another.

"Since we met," Haruna smiled.

"Not that long then?"

"Not at all!" she giggled in reply.