I was born to love you

TW: mental abuse, Haruna's parents.

"So, did you have a good day at work?" Kira asked as he cut up some vegetables for a salad and Haruna sat on the other side of the counter.

"It was good, I love that you ask me the same question everyday," Haruna smiled.

"I think it's just natural. Like I was born to love you and only you," Kira said.

"That's sweet Yoshikage," Haruna said, "There was one bad part of my day..."

"What happened my dear?"

"Well, I got some mail from my father.... He and my mother are coming to Japan to visit me..." Haruna sighed.

Kira set down his cutting knife.

"And they don't know about me...." Kira said.

"No, and they would kill me if I told them I was dating a man 6 years older than me," Haruna added, stealing a sliced cherry tomato from Kira's cutting board.

"That is a problem..."

"Yes, and they'll be arriving in Japan tomorrow according to the letter," Haruna replied.

"Damn, should we invite them for dinner?"

"They will expect that I'm going to greet them with open arms," Haruna said.

"Alright, I'll make one of my specialties then," Kira said.

"Perfect."

-------------------------

"Hello Haruna," said an older woman.

"Hello mother," Haruna replied, bowing to the man and woman in front of her.

"Are you going to introduce us to your friend?" asked the man.

"Mother, father, this is my boyfriend Yoshikage Kira."

"Boyfriend? We'd expected you to be married by now Haruna. How disappointing, well let's not waste time," said the man as Haruna and Kira led them into Kira's home.

The 4 sat around the table with Kira's lasagna sitting in the middle of the table.

"So Kira, tell us how old you are," said the elderly man.

"33," replied Kira.

Haruna's mother dropped her fork.

"Shinobu, calm down, it's only 6 years," said Haruna's father, "How did you meet our daughter?"

"We met at work and I invited her to lunch with me."

"Ok, you sound like a very formidable man Kira, I will allow you to continue your relationship with our daughter."

The group continued to eat and nothing seemed to happen until Haruna tried to get another serving of lasagna.

"Haruna, one serving. You've been eating more, I can tell, so just one serving tonight," demanded her mother.

All eyes went to Kira as his hands dropped down on the table.

"I'm sorry Haruna. Mr and Mrs Yukimura, I ask that you please leave my home before I force you to myself," Kira said, glaring at the two elders.

"Didn't your parents ever teach you to be polite!?" exclaimed Haruna's mother.

"I am at my wits end with you two. You treat your daughter horribly, and it's shocking to me. Now leave my home before I make you leave myself," Kira growled.

"I don't think we will. I want to see what you think you can do to us," said Haruna's father.

"My dear, please go and get ready to go to sleep, I'll be there in just a moment," Kira said, calmly.

Haruna nervously nodded her head and walked to Kira's bedroom where she kept a pair of pajamas for the nights she would sleep over at his house.

"You two seem to not realize how perfect your daughter already is.... And that seems to be putting a barrier around us. So Killer Queen..... Do what you need to do."

Kira looked at the two as they began to explode, starting from their feet to their heads leaving nothing in their place.

Kira walked to the front door, opening it for a few moments before slamming it shut to make it seem as if they had left.

He walked to his bedroom where Haruna lay asleep.

He changed into his pajamas and laid down beside her, pulling her close to him as he inhaled the scent of her hair. She smelled like lavender.

"You're safe now my dear."

-------------------------------------

A few hours later Haruna woke up and burst into tears which woke up Kira.

"My darling, what's wrong?" he asked, wiping the tears from her face.

"I had a horrible nightmare that my parents came to Morioh and they were horrible to me and you, but then you stood up for me, the last thing I remember was walking to your bedroom while hearing you yelling at them about how they didn't realize how perfect I already was.... You're my samurai in my dreams too," Haruna sniffled.

"I'm glad I was there for you," said Kira, pulling her close and stroking her hair, remembering the fate of her parents that night.