Save me

"Kira. Why?" Haruna asked tearfully.

Kira's heart stopped as he heard her words.

"They hurt you.... They hurt you and I just wanted to help you!"

"So did you do the same to the others? My parents, Sugiyama, Nakajima?"

Kira stayed silent.

"Kira, did you kill them!?"

"Yes. I did. But they were horrible to you, I can't live without you Haruna!" Kira shouted.

"Well, you're going to have to learn how to. I'm not going to be the damsel in distress who's too blind to see that her true love is a serial killer!" Haruna shouted.

"Haruna....."

"And you can take your necklace back too!" Haruna shouted, pulling at the pearl necklace on her neck.

Kira watched, heartbroken as the necklace broke, falling to the ground as pearls scattered across the floor.

"Goodbye Kira."

Haruna quickly left the house as Kira fell to his knees, listening as the door slammed shut.

Tears flowed from his eyes carrying emotions he had bottled up for years.

Haruna...the love of his life was gone.

And there was no chance he could get her back.

-------------------

The next morning Kira laid in his bed.

Dark circles rested under his eyes which were red and irritated from his tears.

He ignored his alarm, choosing to lay in bed. Wallowing in his feelings.

Eventually he got out of bed and made himself a breakfast of just pancakes and junk food.

A knock on his door gave him hope. He ran to his front door hoping it was Haruna but instead he was greeted by a package.

His heart dropped as he realized what was inside.

He opened the package and pulled out the small velvet ring box inside, staring at it made his heart break even more.

"Haruna.... Please come back," he sobbed as his head dropped onto the counter.

He was husk left over from a three year long relationship that was the only thing of true happiness for him in years.