The finals

Live from the arrowhead pond in Anaheim, California, it's Team USA versus Iceland in the hockey finals of the junior goodwill games.

Hi, everybody. This is Bob Miller along with Jacques Bergman. Nice to have you with us for what should be an exciting title game tonight.

------

"Coach." I heard Adam say as I watched him walk into the dressing room. He had a big smile on his face as he continued. "I woke up, and the pain was gone." He said moving his wrist around.

Me and everybody else cheered as Coach had a sad look on his face. "Adam, I'm sorry, we already have a full roster." Coach said as my smile disappeared.

I looked over to see Russ taking off his jersey. Charlie then placed his hand on Russ's chest making him stop what he was doing. "He can have my spot," Charlie said as a shocked look fell across mine and many others' faces.

He walked through our team and sighed. "It's what I can do for the team. Let me do it," he said as Adam put his hand on Charlie's shoulder. "Charlie, I need you on the bench, coaching right there with me," Bombay said as I cheered. Everybody else then followed along doing the same before it was time to play.

"Take a deep breath. Here we go." Coach Bombay said as the doors to the ice opened up. A man with a camera asked for a picture but before he took the snapshot Charlie turned my head and placed a kiss on my lips. A heard a click go off as we parted. I saw the photographer smiling at both of us. "Good luck," he said before walking off.

Loud cheering and whistling could be heard from the stands as we skated onto the ice. I looked out into the crowd. I almost fell over.

'Oh God, that's a lot of people.'

I shook it off as I skated to the bench, placing my water bottle inside as the man in the speaker talked.

Now the two teams gather at their respective benches. In their last meeting, Iceland crushed team USA twelve to one.

We were all huddled in around the bench listening to coach Bombay. "Heads high! Stand tall! Fly straight! USA!" He cheered as we all stuck our hands in. "All the way!" We cheered, throwing our hands into the air.

I sat on the bench as all the players chosen for the first shift went onto the ice. They all got into position as the referee blew the whistle.

We're ready for the opening face-off in tonight's championship game. Team USA against Iceland. Lester Averman will move in to take the draw for Team USA. And off the faceoff, Averman gets knocked down.

Iceland physically dominated the first game between these two teams and they'll try to do it again tonight.

Guy had the puck as he was looking around for a passing option before a player on Iceland skated over pushing him full force from by his chest.

Guy Germaine gets checked down in the corner. Back behind the net, Goldberg cuts it off for USA.

Dean skated near the boards going down in our defensive end as he went behind the net picking the puck up.

here comes Dean Portman. He's hit hard into the glass by Gunnar Stahl. Iceland is out to dominate this game early.

"Oh geez.." I mumbled under my breath as I looked at their physicalness.

Pick is still in the USA zone. There's a shot from the blue line. Stick save by Goldberg. Good, save. Held in by Iceland.

The puck got hit into the corner as our team battled. A player from Iceland came up in front of Goldberg, tripping him from behind his ankles.

Goldberg looks like he got tripped.

I stood up from the bench pointing at the net. "That's a penalty! What are you blind, that was on purpose!" I yelled from the bench as Charlie came over and put his hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay," he reassured, giving me a soft smile. I gave him a big grin back as I refocused on the game.

Iceland is still with it. Back behind the net. Here's a wraparound by Sanderson. He scores! Iceland gets an early one-to-nothing lead.

The siren went off, blaring through my ears as Iceland celebrated. "It's alright. We'll get that one back." Coach Bombay said before he yelled for a line change. It was now my turn to go on the ice.

"Y/N be careful," Charlie said seriously. I smiled and nodded pulling the cage of my helmet down over my face, skating up to centre ice and getting in position.

I was on with Guy, Jesse, Russ and Ken. The ref blew the whistle and dropped the puck. They pushed over Ken and Guy as the puck got shot into the offensive zone.

Russ was battling in the corner as two players from Iceland came in and completely body-checked him with full force.

He got up from the corner skating onto the blue line. "Come on here, give me the puck," he yelled tapping his stick on the ice. I looked up and passed the puck over to him. "Watch out, boy. It's knuckle puck time." I smiled as he winded up for the shot.

That smile soon turned into a panicked look when a player on Iceland dived for the puck, knocking out of Russ's stick.