The flying V

Iceland with a one-nothing lead. Throwing everything they have at Team USA.

The Iceland player passed it behind him before being taken out by one of our players. The player who received the puck passed it to the player standing next to the net.

He did a one-timer as it went flying into the net creating a goal. The sirens beamed through my ears as Iceland cheered.

Everybody on my team groaned and banged their sticks on the boards as I groaned and skated off the ice for a line change.

Team USA has to find a way to get back in this game because they're being totally dominated by a bigger, faster Iceland team.

"We can't make it. Iceland's bigger, stronger, faster. They got more facial hair." Averman said nervously while looking around everywhere.

We had gotten the puck and our player was skating down the ice. An Iceland player then came behind him, pushing him forward from his hips.

He slid right into the boards before Iceland gained possession of the puck again.

"Banks, you're on," Bombay said patting him on the back. Adam got up from the bench about to hop the boards before coach spoke. "Hey, be careful out there."

Adam had gotten the puck as soon as he went on. He skated it out of our zone as an Iceland player hit his pads trying to trip him.

Adam then did a spin when he realized how close the player was to him. I watched as another Iceland player took his stick and hammering it into Adams's arm.

Adam screamed in pain as I stood up from the bench with everybody else. "That's a penalty! What, did the other team pay you or something?" I yelled after banging my hand once against the boards.

"Sit down. Sit down," he told us. "Hey, ref, why don't you call something, for crying out loud? He almost took his arm off!" Coach screamed as the player that hit Adam went into the penalty box.

He got two minutes. Two minutes? He should've got a suspension! The kid tried to break Adam's arm. It's stupid how completely oblivious some refs can be.

I watched from the bench as Kenny skated past the box. "Get in the box, you big goon," he said as I slightly smiled and got onto the ice as a line change happened.

Now the crowd doing the wave, trying to get Team USA back in this game. It may be working. Team USA up to centre ice.

L/N to the blue line of Iceland. Drops it back to Mendoza. Ducks under a check.

I saw two Iceland players coming for me so I quickly ducked knocking both of them on their backs by sliding through their feet.

I'm gonna regret that later.

Whatever, it was worth it.

Robertson with it now for Team USA. He's got great moves with the puck. Robertson still with it. Portman calling for it in front of the net.

Robertson knocked down from behind. Iceland will take over.

The Iceland player started skating down to our side with the puck. Everybody was now up and on their feet backchecking trying to catch up with the Iceland player in front of us.

Here's Luis Mendoza in a footrace trying to catch Amselik. Amselik on a breakaway. He could make it three-nothing.

Mendoza trying frantically to catch him. Amselik moving in on Goldberg. Gets hit from behind. Taking the puck--

The siren blared through my ears once again as I looked down. Everybody on the Iceland team celebrated.

Amselik, Mendoza and the puck all in the net. It's a goal. And Iceland leads now three-to-nothing.

I was about to skate back to the bench when I heard an Icelandic voice speak up. "You shouldn't have done that, sweetheart." I looked behind me to see the two guys I pushed.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't call me that," I said rudely trying to push past him. He put a hand on my shoulder giving me a death glare making me stop my movements.

"Let her go," Dean said coming up from behind me. The two Icelandic players looked to Dean before looking back at me. They had looks of annoyance on their faces as I smiled. "Thanks," I spoke before me and Dean skated back onto the bench for a line change.

I sat down on the bench reaching for my water after taking off my helmet and gloves. I took a big sip before putting it back to its normal place. I felt a presence beside me so I looked over to see Charlie.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded pressing my lips gently against his. I put my hand on his jaw pulling him in for a passionate kiss. "I'm fine." I smiled as pink dusted his cheeks.

"Okay," he said. He then proceeded to grab my wrist lightly before moving his hand up, lacing our fingers together.

I looked down and smiled.

This is nice.

I looked up to see him watching the game so I followed his actions and did the same.

"Hey show me the flying V! Come on let's go! Go! Go!" Coach Bombay said as our teammates got off the ice and new players went on.

Jesse had gotten the puck from behind the net as our players formed a V. They skated down the ice before hitting the neutral zone.

Jesse passed the puck back towards Ken who was in the second row. Then Ken passed it back to the player in the third row.

That player then passed the puck back in front to Jesse before all five of them were knocked to the ice by the Iceland players.