My girl

Charlie came over and high-five me as I clapped with everybody else. "Russ," I heard Coach Bombay say from my left. "Yeah coach," he answered as Bombay continued. "Two minutes left. Can you get your shot off?"

Russ had a not-so-sure look on his face as he spoke. "I don't know. They're gunning for me," he said as coach Bombay nodded understandingly before patting Russ on the back. "Make it happen."

Russ nodded and skated onto the ice. He received the puck on the boards as three players from Iceland drilled him. Fulton attacked a player as the whistle blew.

"Time out!" coach Bombay said making a T with his hands. "Guys, come in. Come on! Goldberg! Huddle up! Listen up!" he yelled before he told us the game plan.

"Go... Ducks!" we all cheered as new players got onto the ice.

Time running out here in the third period. The ducks with the puck. They're still down by a goal. They're back in their own zone.

I don't know why they're not moving it up to centre ice. They have to attack. The clock is ticking. Iceland with a one-goal lead.

"All right! Guy, now!" Coach Bombay yelled as Connie passed it over to Guy.

Here's Germaine in his own zone. Gives it to Luis Mendoza. Mendoza goes behind the net. Starts up on the attack.

Mendoza drops it back to-- to Goldberg?

He gave it to the goaltender Goldberg.

I smiled.

Wait, it's not Goldberg.

My breath caught in my throat as he flipped the puck on its side preparing for a shot.

Tyler with it. Tees up the puck. With a knuckle puck.

"Yeah!" I screamed as I jumped up with my hands in the air. "Wait to go, Russ!" I celebrated as the loud clapping of my team and the crowd filled my ears.

Russ Tyler with the knuckle puck ties the game. With no time left on the clock.

I hugged Charlie as the scoreboard changed. "We did it!" I smiled as he did as well. "Yes, we did."

Everybody skated onto the ice, hugging Russ in excitement as we all smiled and screamed in happiness.

So the championship comes down to a shootout. Each Team picks five of their best. One-on-one with the goalie. No rebounds. Best of five shots wins it all.

What a way to end it!

Both goalies skated to their posts as I was a wreck. My nerves were biting at me, making me shake in anticipation.

Jessie was up first as he skated around the puck. He then tapped the puck with his skate as he started moving down the ice. He started stick handling.

The Iceland goalie came out of his net almost making it seem as if he was challenging Jessie.

Jessie faked the shot before shooting it into the Iceland net. Our whole team cheered as a small wave of relief filled my body. It was gone almost instantly though.

Iceland's player then also had the puck as he skated down the ice. He made a really good move before shooting off his backhand into the top right corner.

Iceland cheered as Guy was now on the ice. He skated down to the net before deeking the goalie and shooting it into the mesh.

Our team cheered again as the shootout continued until it was finally 3-3. "Y/N your up." Coach Bombay said patting me on my back as my heart dropped. This was the one sentence I dreaded hearing.

"Hey, you got this," Charlie comforted before pressing his lips softly against mine. I slightly smiled before picking up my helmet and placing it on my head.

I skated onto the ice and grabbed the puck. I stickhandled the puck before shooting it.

I could hear my heartbeat in my head.

The puck flew through the air before hitting the back of the net. Everybody except for Iceland cheered as I smiled.

"That's my girl!" Charlie cheered as I skated off. I then was engulfed in a big hug. "I knew you could do it. I'm so proud of you," he said as I smiled and hugged back.

After we let go of the hug I focused my attention back on the game. "Julie, you got the fast glove. I know this kid's move. Triple deke, glove side. Anticipate it and you got him." Coach Bombay said to Julie as she nodded.

"But, what if he goes stick side?" she asked as Bombay shook his head. "He's fancy, he'll go glove," he said before patting her on the back. "Don't hesitate. Let's go."

She got up and skated to the net.

In a surprise move, Bombay has gone to his bench. He's sending out Julie Gaffney to replace Goldberg. She'll face Gunnar Stahl.

Goldberg patted her on the shoulder before skating off and onto the bench.

I don't know about this move by Bombay. Putting in a cold goaltender to face the leading scorer in the tournament.

But hang onto your hats. Here we go. If Julie 'The Cat' Gaffney stops Gunnar Stahl Team USA wins.

He stickhandled once to the side before the other. On his third stick handle, he stopped.

'This could be it.' I thought as he took a big slap-shot. It was going so fast that the puck was almost invisible.

I was confused before Julie stood up and threw the puck into the air, dropping it onto the ice in front of her.

"YEAH!" I cheered throwing my hands into the air. Loud cheering came from every single direction as my team screamed in happiness.

Ducks win! Ducks win!

Oh, I can't believe it! The ducks have come from behind to beat Iceland in a shootout in the championship game!

I went up and hugged Charlie as I smiled.

Bombay, the Minnesota miracle man, has done it again.

"Wooo!" I cheered as I skated onto the ice with the rest of my team. I threw my gloves in the air as we all engulfed Julie in a big hug.

We got in a line before skating past each other. We all shook the hands of each other while skating past.

Adam was skating around with the American flag as the crowd cheered our name. "USA! USA! USA! USA!" they chanted as Adam passed the flag to Charlie.

I grinned and skated over as Charlie waved the flag in excitement. He was running around the ice as we all followed behind him with our hands in the air.

Coach Bombay threw his hands up in the air, clapping as we skated past him. We all huddled into a group and cheered. "DUCKS! DUCKS! DUCKS!" we chanted before Charlie went up to me.

He gave me a big grin before placing his lips on mine. I smiled into the kiss as our lips moved in sync.

As soon as we parted Coach Bombay yelled. "Come on ducks were goin' home," he said as I smiled before Charlie gave me another kiss on the lips.

He grinned after we parted.

I laughed. "You're so stupid, spazway," I said jokingly as his grin grew bigger.

"And you are very pretty, My girl."