Trailing by one

We all walked out onto the ice together. Instead of the normal USA jerseys, we were now wearing Ducks jerseys.

The crowd cheered as we skated around the ice. I was looking into the stands when the familiar voice spoke from the speakers.

Here to start the third period, what team is this? It's not team USA. Oh, wait, yes it is. They've got on new uniforms. They're wearing the logo of the duck. I've never seen this before.

I've just gotten the word that there is no rule against changing uniforms. Well, Gordon Bombay's old team was called the "ducks", and I guess we've got the USA Ducks out there now.

"Quack! Quack! Quack!" we all chanted, jumping up and down. The crowd was following our actions chanting quack as well.

"Go, ducks!" we all cheered. The players not on, were now on the bench as I and four other players skated around. "We will, we will quack you!" the crowd sang as I looked up. A big smile covered my face as they continued the song.

"We will, we will quack you!"

I now lined up for the face-off as the song continued.

"Buddy, your a boy make a big noise playin' in the street gonna be a big man someday."

The centre took the puck and pushed Iceland's centre down as all five of us skated down to the offensive side.

"You got mud on your face. You big disgrace kickin' your can all over the place."

I had the puck as I entered the new zone. I quickly turned and backhand passed it to Guy.

"Singin' we will, we will rock you."

Germaine gives it to Kenny Wu. Wu back to Germaine.

"We will, we will rock you."

I skated in front of the net before Guy passed it to me.

Germaine slides it to Y/N L/N. She shoots! She scores!

"Yeah!" I cheered putting my hands in the air. The four players on my team pulled me in for a big group hug as we all yelled in celebration.

Y/N L/N with a lovely move in front of the net. Pulls team USA to within two goals.

"Yes! Yes. All right, you guys! Way to go!" I yelled in excitement. I looked up to see lighted words going across the walls of the stands.

"Go ducks go." I read as the man in the speaker started talking again.

Team USA down by two goals. Trying to get back in it.

The lines were now switched up and Iceland had the puck. They were coming down the ice before entering our defensive zone.

Shot and a diving save by Goldberg.

"Averman watch your back!" Goldberg yelled as Averman skated through the slot.

I groaned almost predicting what was gonna happen.

Averman with it leads the attack. Comes right up the middle. Averman lost the puck. Iceland gets it. Puck over to Gunnar Stahl. He's got an open net.

Uh, oh.

He scores!

I put my head in my hands and sighed.

Oh, that hurts. The ducks trail now, five-to-two.

Coach Bombay called a timeout so we all huddled in and looked at Bombay's whiteboard, looking at the new play. "Okay, ducks, take a look here." Coach Bombay started as Averman rolled his eyes. "What are we tryna' do here? Charlie, this isn't the NBA."

Charlie looked up and smiled at him. "But, it's the perfect teamwork play," Charlie said as we all nodded.

I was now on the ice and had the puck behind the net. I looked up and passed it up to Luis before a player knocked me down.

I quickly got back up before skating with the other four players. Luis had the puck and was skating down the ice before he passed it backwards towards Dwayne.

"Now, cowboy!" Charlie yelled from the bench as I smirked. "Alley-Oop, boys," Dwayne said, flicking the puck through the air.

It landed in front of the net as Dwayne then started skating For it before getting tripped. The puck fell in between the goalies' legs as Dwayne hit it with the side of his stick.

The puck flew into the net as I cheered with the rest of my team. Yelling and celebrating could be heard everywhere as we all hugged each other.

All of us then got off the ice as new players went on.

Play continues here in the final period. The hitting has picked up, but the ducks are hanging in there.

However, they're still down by two goals with time running out. Bodies flying all over the ice.

The puck is in the duck's zone.

I watched as Luis took the puck and started zooming down the ice using his full speed. "Wow," I said amazed as he passed almost everybody.

Here's Mendoza on a breakaway. He can really fly. The speedster into the Iceland zone.

Luis entered the Iceland zone and was gonna ram into the goalie until he stopped and snow went everywhere.

'Wait... He stopped?'

'He stopped!'

"Put it in Luis!" I yelled.

Luis backhandedly shot the puck through the goalie's legs as the siren went off. He put his hands in the air as I and everybody else did too.

"I Yeah, Luis!" I celebrated as the four other players on the ice went in and hugged him in happiness.

--Scores with two minutes left. And the duck's trail by one.