Part 7

Blue didn't understand it, but she felt good about herself. Katie was there with her through thick and that made her happy. Katie always provided advice and left her with her own decisions to make. She never pressured Blue

It felt weird and like a test for her because Rose would always make her self-conscious about her own choices as if they were a sharp object to soon be shattered, she learned to say nothing at school or when she was around Rose to make everything better.

After a while, it was almost like a relief washing over her to make her own decisions. She brought a dark purple dress with flowers on it and golden sandals for Katie's birthday. This  felt like a dream, yet it was so real.

March 9 was growing closer and spring was coming soon, She wanted to tell Katie to have a great birthday and she hoped she liked her present that she got. Everything would remind her of Rose almost like a thorn on a flower ready to prick anyone that touches it. She was relieved to be free of the fearful feeling, but still couldn't help, being held back. She felt like she was still underwater, but having a breathing tube to keep her alive and running. She couldn't shake this feeling like she was forgetting something.

March 9: Katie's birthday party warning ⚠️ triggering for most⚠️
Blue was nervous, she's never been invited to a birthday and doesn't know what will happen. She's been to sleepovers plenty of times, but that was more of a horror movie than a nice and quiet outcome.
Blue put her dark purple dress with the golden sandals. She pulled at the dress and admired the colors, she felt like a black princess. She stood in front of Katie's house so hesitant to knock on the door. She felt a chill go down her spine as she turned to see a black figure there next to her giggling.

She'll never like you, she's just pretending because you're always acting like a sad puppy

What would Rose say about how hesitant you are or about that dress for that matter

Who are you trying to be? Rose? Or a new founded version of yourself

You're still ugly

You'll go crawling back to Rose in no time

Just turn back now and don't look back

The hollow space silently formed in Blue's mind and she felt it grow bigger and bigger.

They'll all leave you Blue and then who will be there for you? Absolutely no one.

She was just staring at the door, not even hearing Katie in front of her until she shook her.

"Blue, Are you okay?" Katie looked concerned and looked around. Blue snapper out of it and looked to the right of her, no one was there.
"Yes, I'm okay; Let's go have fun shall we?"
Blue hooked her arm around Katie and handed her present, she gave a tight smile. "Happy Birthday Katie, Thank you so much for everything."
Tears started to form in Katie's eyes and she hugged Blue.

"I'm just glad you're here and that your okay now. That's all I ever wanted for you Blue."