Chapter 15

If Draco had the option, he would stay in the blanket fort with Harry forever. He genuinely enjoyed being in the company of the Weasleys, but it was the Weasel in particular who had him on edge. Not that Draco thought he didn't deserve the cold shoulder, but going out of his way to attack Draco's character when he had been working to make amends with everyone was a bit much. No one was entitled to forgiveness, Draco still stood by that, but there had to be a certain level of acceptance, and it just wasn't there.

"Are you ready to go sweetheart?", Harry asked, running a hand through his own hair one last time.

"As ready as I'll ever be. I just don't have a good feeling about tonight."

"Do you want to stay here instead? We can come up with an excuse, Molly will understand."

"No, it's okay. I don't want you to miss out. I'm probably being silly."

"I get gut feelings all the time, and they should never be ignored, Draco."

"I don't feel unsafe per se, just on edge. If there's an issue I'll just come home."

"I don't plan on staying very long anyway. I know how you're feeling, but I'm trying to give Ron the benefit of the doubt."

"I know that I'll be fine as long as I'm with you. Let's go."

Harry extended a hand to brush the back of his fingers lightly against Draco's cheek.

"I love you so much Draco."

"I'll never get tired of hearing you say that", Draco teased, leaning in to kiss Harry. "I love you Harry. Let's get this over with."

Draco received a very warm greeting at The Burrow, as Ron and Hermione had gone out to pick something up. Harry was helping in the kitchen while Draco was seated in between the twins on the floor, his back leaning against the couch. They had been practicing origami since Draco had last been over, and they were very proud of their work. Draco was teaching them how to make flowers when Ron and Hermione showed up.

"Hello Malfoy", Hermione greeted. "What are you all doing?"

"Draco here is teaching us how to make origami flowers", Fred chimed in cheerily.

"Oh I love flowers!", Ginny chimed in, walking into the room. "Is that a rose? They're my favorite."

"Here Weaslette, you can have it."

"Really? Thanks Malfoy!", Ginny replied with a grin.

Ron was taken aback.

"Since when is he anything other than Malfoy to you?", Ron asked, eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. "And are you hitting on my sister?", he asked, face contorting in absolute disgust.

Draco and Ginny looked at each other and started laughing, ignoring Ron's absurd question.

"We're on good terms after the last dinner", George responded to the first question.

"You've been over before?"

"This is the third time I believe?", Draco asked, head tilted in thought.

"Bloody hell! Did everyone know but me?"

"You're taking it worse than I did Ronald", Hermione interrupted. "Malfoy is an important person in Harry's life and you need to accept it just as I did, sooner rather than later. I miss spending time with the both of you, and if it takes him tagging along then so be it. Malfoy is trying, and you need to as well."

"I am trying!", he insisted.

Draco bit his tongue, and the twins were impressed. Fred, always the more forward of the twins, felt the need to respond with, "not as hard as him."