Chapter 16

"Can we go to your spot? The one where we carved our names into the tree?"

"Of course we can sweetheart. Let me just get changed."

For the middle of September, there were still a few rare summer-like days. It was nice enough for Harry to be able to put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and still be content. Draco had changed into some of Harry's clothes, and the sight always made Harry smile.

"I've got that iPod you bought me so we can listen to some music on the way there."

"That sounds absolutely brilliant. Are you ready to go?"

"I am."

"Instead of sitting to the far side of the front row against the window, Draco chose to sat in the middle seat directly next to Harry.

"Fancy trying to drive again?"

"No, I just wanted to be close to you. Is this alright?"

"It's more than alright Draco."

They drove in silence, only listening to the music. Harry held Draco's hand whenever his own didn't need to be on the steering wheel. The silence continued as they walked, hand in hand, to their tree. Laying down a blanket, Harry sat with his back against the tree, and Draco placed his head in his boyfriend's lap.

The silence was a comfortable one. Truthfully, Draco just needed fresh air and Harry's company. No words were needed. He could tell that Harry didn't want to talk either, and that was fine with him. He respected his boyfriend's boundaries.

Soon enough, Draco was just staring at Harry, committing every aspect of his face to memory.

"I love you", he whispered.

Harry just looked down at Draco, smiling in adoration, and leaned down to kiss Draco's nose.

"And I love you."

"I love you", Draco said louder, sitting up.

Cocking his head to the side, Harry watched in amusement as Draco continued to profess his love.

"I'm in love with Harry Potter!", Draco yelled, cupping his hands around his mouth to echo the profession.

"Feel better now?", Harry asked, standing up to lean his head on Draco's shoulder.

"Much better actually. If I can't tell anyone I actually know, then I'll yell it where no one else can hear it."

"Go to Hogsmeade with me next weekend Draco?"

"Harry, there's no going back after this. You know that right?", Draco asked carefully.

"You're worth it my Prince."

"If you say so."

"Let's do something crazy", Harry decided, picking up the blanket in one hand and grabbing Draco's hand with the other.

"Do I have a choice?"

"You do, but I promise saying yes is more fun."

Harry led Draco down by the stream, dropping the blanket next to it. With a wicked grin, Harry kicked off his shoes and then pulled off his shirt, dropping them on top of the blanket. His glasses were placed carefully on top of his shirt.

"Have you gone completely mental?"

Turning around, Harry kicked off his shorts, then removed his socks.

"Probably."

"Why didn't you just bring a bathing suit then?"

"What's the fun in that?", Harry asked innocently, dropping his boxers and running to the stream.