51

"White Wolf."

Bucky turned to the sound of his name being called. His eyes fell onto one of the children that often frequented his hut. This particular young boy was twelve and his name was T'Swalu.

"Lady Okoye sent me with a message for you: There's a SHIELD jet landing now." What was SHIELD doing here? "Captain Rogers, Dr. Banner, Mr. Stark, and Agent Romanoff are among the passengers."

Why would Steve and Natasha be flying with Stark? What could have happened to cause this scenario? What did I miss?

"Is there anything else you know?"

"She said that Captain Rogers was gravely injured and they're flying him in for treatment, but that's all I know. She wouldn't tell me anything else."

Then his younger sister, Thateve', appeared behind him. "White Wolf! Did you hear? The Black Widow is coming back to Wakanda!"

They walked with him, Thateve' grabbing him firmly by the hand as she skipped beside him. "Is it true that she can rival the Dora Milaje in her abilities?"

"Is it true that she can rival you," T'Swalu asked.

"She's the world's greatest spy." Buck answered. "She can slip in and out of a fortress without anyone realizing she was there. Even as the Winter Soldier, I wasn't exactly gifted in espionage. And I've never been quiet."

"You are extremely quiet, White Wolf." T'Swalu corrected him.

He thought for a second. The kid was right. Ever since being brainwashed, his personality had completely changed. He was actually more quiet than Steve now. How did that happen? Maybe it was because even now that he'd been fully cleansed of his wiring, he was afraid of himself. It was refreshing to see the village children, how they swarmed around him and how he couldn't put them off even if he tried.

"Well I don't fight quiet, I guess," was his reply.

"Maybe she will teach me some of her moves," Thateve' mused. "If she taught me, I would surely get to be the youngest member of the Dora Milaje one day! Do you think she would?"

"Teach you?" She nodded her head in confirmation. "Well if Captain Rogers is injured like T'Swalu said he was, I think she'll be a bit preoccupied. But I tell you what, I'll be sure to put in a good word for you."

She gasped in excitement. "Thank you!"

________________

"Alright," Shuri spoke as she handed the ultrasound images to Natasha. "The baby did suffer a fracture here," she said, pointing to the back of the fetus' skull. "But as you can see, he's well on his way to recovery. His heart rate is 130, which is nice, strong, and average. He's active and I see no reason for unnecessary concern."

"Thank you." Natasha said.

"You were fortunate. However, that bullet wound in your shoulder will take more time. You are not to move that arm for 6 weeks, got it?"

"Yes ma'am." Natasha got up, easily seeing the signs in Shuri's body language that this health exam was over. As she reached the door, she gave in and turned around.

"How is Rogers?" She slipped easily into the role of a casually concerned friend, though she supposed given her current circumstances and the ultrasound clearly visible in her hand, it was unnecessary.