He's an Idiot

As JJ felt the warmth of the rising sun on her skin, she blinked her tired eyes open. Lifting her head to see the purple and orange sky, her eyes catch the view of an island in the far distance.

She wondered how long she had slept for, looking around she didn't spot any of her friends. Where was everyone?

Jumping down from the top of the crows nest, she sees the boys dorm, and heads towards it.
Pressing her face against the small window on the door, she glances around.

Her friends are sound asleep and cozy as can be.
She tries the door gently only to find that is was locked.

She huffs in an upset tone, deciding she was getting in no matter what.
Pushing on it as hard as she can, she shuts her eyes trying to open it.

Next she knows shes face down on the hardwood floor of the room. She looks back to see the door is still shut tightly closed.

She spends no more than a second wondering on the how.
As quietly as possible, she's up on her feet again. Tip toeing over to brook's hammock, she peaks over to find him fast asleep.
She stares at his face with total delight, a plastered ditto face for her expression.

Way too much time passes according to her, and she becomes impatient. "Why don't you see me yet?" She whispers, poking him.

Brook groans turning his head toward her before stiffening, his eye sockets opening more.

"Wat'cha dreaming about?" She pushes onto his hammock, almost falling over with it and him as it tips.

His soul practically jumps from his bones in surprise. grabbing her he rushes out the door without looking back before heading downstairs to the aquarium viewing room.

"You shouldn't be in there!" He wipes his brow, even though he doesn't have one.
"Zoro is not a very good morning person and I already let you cause trouble twice now." He looks down and sees JJ is still under his arm like a football, looking up at him with a pout on her face.

"Oh!! Goodness I'm sorry." He sets her down to sit on the long circled bench.

"Why'd we leave? All our friends are back there." She asks looking up to his face.

"Well like I said, our friends are asleep. We don't wanna make zoro mad too many times in a row trust me." He sighs, remembering all the mistakes he made when he first joined luffy and the others.

She kicks the ground looking down guilty then huffs. "I'm bored."

"Now don't be like that, where are nami and robin?" He asks, it was still pretty early so he could only assume her response was conked out. After all nami loved to sleep in too.

"Asleep, I didn't want to be stuck in there with them sleeping so I came to find you, I missed you." Grabbing his sleeve she pulls it a few times gently.

His heart thumps, taken back by her honesty, it made him happy that she wanted most of his time.
At the same time, sure it was good she trusted him but maybe he should teach her some caution too.
Was she going to be this honest with sttangers too?

That wasn't going to keep her out of trouble if he didn't help her figure certain things out.
Watching her turn away to find a place of her choice to sit down, he follows. After sitting down next to her, he crosses one knee over the other. "I'm sorry.. I know you're still getting used to things."

She moved up onto her knees on the seat cushion, grabbing him she starts snuggling her face onto his ribs, her cheek squishing in between one of them through the fabric.

He laughs abruptly, grabbing her face and pulling her away from his chest "That tickles!!"

"But I want to keep doing it." Her cheeks are being smooshed between his boney hands.