Chapter 1: The Cook's Perils

The Sunny had anchored on a spring island and after many days at sea the Straw Hat crew was excited to explore the island. The island was called Niji and was famous all over the Grand Line for its spectacular annual magic contest that attracted audience from all over the world. Brilliant fireworks were held to mark the conclusion of the event. Luckily, they had arrived just three days before the grand event. The festive mood was at its peak and needless to say it equally thrilled the Straw Hats.

Usopp was the most excited.

'Hey! Hey! You guys think I should take part in this! I could certainly bag at least one prize with my latest invention!', said Usopp stroking his chin confidently.

'Oooh! What is it? What is it? Show me! Show me!', Luffy and Chopper urged Usopp excitedly.

'All in good time folks! A magician never reveals his secrets before the performance! Be prepared to be astounded by the Great Usopp sama!', he said with his hands on his hips.

 With that Usopp left to work on his invention in his cabin.

'Poopy! ', said a disheartened Luffy.

 'Oi Brook! Chopper! Let's go eat!', said the captain and the trio set off.

'Then shall we check out the shops here Robin?' asked Nami . 'Certainly', replied Robin with a smile.

'What about you guys?'

Zoro: 'I will take a walk around the island.'

Sanji: 'Don't get lost Marimo kun.'

Zoro: 'What did you say Curly brows!'

Franky: 'I will stay and refill the cola engine. You guys go on.'

(Completely ignoring the cat and dog fight continuing in the background)

Nami: 'What about you Sanji kun?'

Sanji immediately stops fighting with Zoro and comes over to Nami doing his patent noodle dance,' Haaaai Nami saaan! I will go to the market to stock up on fresh supplies!'

Sanji's POV:

'It's a shame that the girls went to the mall while I came to the market.'

'However, there is nothing to be disheartened about. For everywhere in the market I see long hair, curvy hips, smooth skin and the sweet, luscious smell of LADIES!!!'

'WONDERFUL! MAGNIFICIENT!! MARVELLOUS!!!'

'I am about to have a nose bleed!'

'There are a lot of shops everywhere selling junk in the name of magical goods and people are actually buying them.'

Sanji simply smirked. 'What a bunch of fools!', he thought.

He then spotted a young woman selling freshly baked cupcakes in a dilapidated little shop.

His pupils immediately became heart shaped as he noodle danced his way to the shop.

' My dear LADY would you show me your beautiful smile if I bought all of your cakes?', said Sanji while bowing to kiss her hand.

The young girl was overjoyed.

'Dear Sir, I had made them to test a new recipe if you would kindly share your thoughts after sampling one I would be grateful to you!', she told.

'Mademoiselle! It is truly wonderful but not more then you!', Sanji said after taking a bite.

The pale cheeks of the girl were flushed a dark shade of crimson.