Chapter 11: Reina's Bakery!

The chibi cook was riding on the swordsman's neck guiding him out of the market and towards their ship. The swordsman had grudgingly accepted the child's help after loitering around the same area dozens of times and yet not finding the way. (Author: He didn't accept the fact that he was lost)

They were almost out of the town when Zoro felt the child softly rest his head on Zoro's with a tiny 'plop'. His small hands that held onto his nakama's head also loosened their grip and dangled.

Zoro: (smiling internally thought) 'All this roaming around must have worn him out.'

The swordsman put his hand on the back of the sleeping child and walked carefully lest the child fell from his neck or was woken up accidentally.

The duo were out of the town and had to only cross a small area of tree cover to reach the Sunny. Zoro suddenly felt the weight on his neck increasing and he immediately understood what was happening.

The swordsman quickly scanned their surroundings lest someone witnessed the cook's transformation. Once he made sure that they were alone Zoro gave a sigh of relief.

By then the grown cook's head rested on his nakama's shoulder while his nose poked into the man's neck. As his body grew in size the cook slid down the swordsman's back. Zoro quickly caught his nakama by his thighs and pulled his legs on either side of his own abdomen to prevent the cook from falling. However, since the cook was asleep there was no strength in his hands or legs. Zoro realized this.

The swordsman's face turned red and he gulped as he slowly slid his hands up his nakama's thighs. They came to a halt below the cook's buttocks. Zoro heaved the man forward. Thus, comfortably positioning the cook, Zoro pulled his nakama's arms around his neck and placed the cook's legs around his stomach. The swordsman clasped the wreath of his nakama's arms and legs around himself in one hand each.

Thus, securing the cook, the swordsman set off. The wind gently blew over their faces as the swordsman carrying his nakama piggyback style walked through the grove of trees. The occasional stray ray of the sun fell on the two. The swordsman couldn't see the peaceful face of his sleeping crewmate. However, he could hear the soft breathing of the man as he felt the cook's chest alternately rise and fall against his back.

At first the swordsman's heart had quickened its pace and he could feel a lump in his throat. However, listening to his nakama's breathing and feeling the beat of his heart had helped to calm down Zoro's own heart beat. He felt as if the rhythm of their heart beats had synchronized.

Zoro felt a strange warmth rise in his heart and spread to his entire being. He felt complete, he felt refreshed. He had never felt so alive before and he felt giddy for some strange reason. He didn't want the path to end. He wanted to keep walking like this forever.... He wanted time to freeze ....

They were out of the trees and in the clearing. Luffy was the first to spot them from the Sunny.

Luffy: (worried) 'Oi Zoro! What happened to Sanji?'

Zoro: (looking up at his captain) 'Nothing. He just fell asleep.' (He finished and looked back tenderly at the blonde head resting on his shoulder)

Luffy: (extending his rubber hand towards them) 'Got it! I'll help you pull him up.'

Zoro saw the arm stretching towards him and unconsciously tightened his grip on the cook's hands and legs and moved back from the hand.

Zoro: 'It's okay Luffy! I can mange.'

Zoro jumped up from the ground and made a clean landing on to the deck all the while securely holding onto the man on his back.

Chopper: (quickly running towards them) 'Did Sanji change again Zoro?'