17

When Aurora Downey opens her eyes for the first time the next morning, she is blinded for a second by the rising sun's harsh lights. Slowly but surely she clears her vision by blinking repeatedly, but when she tries to turn around she feels a strong arm draped over her torso.

She finally manages to turn on her right side, getting face to face with Tom. He's still sleeping soundly, his face showing nothing but contentment and peace.

Rory brings a hand up and runs her thumb along his cheek gently, in such an adoring way. It slides over his jaw then goes to his lips, those beautiful and enchanting lips that always make her body light up on fire.

Her heart almost leaps out of her chest when Tom presses the softest of kisses on her thumb, indicating that he's very much awake by this point, then opens his eyes and captures Aurora's gaze instantly. His arm tightens around her body as he pulls her even closer to himself.

"Good morning darling" he rasps out.

Rory's breath hitches, a lifetime's probably not enough to get used to his morning voice to the point where it has no effect on her.

"Mornin' handsome" she smiles gently.

She props herself up on her elbow and with her other hand still holding his jaw, she dips down to bring their lips together into a kiss. It's a kiss with the soft kind of passion. The type of kiss which is built up and wary at first but just perfect at the end. Their lips fit together with an equal dynamic.

It doesn't last that long though, but when they separate they stay inches apart. Tom runs his eyes over her face, studying each and every part of her to memorize the sight in front of him.

Rory let's go of his face and pulls away. As she's sitting up, Tom can't help but keep his eyes on her bare back as she gets up and manages to grab his shirt that was thrown away last night. Slipping it over her head, it engulfs her tiny frame like a dress would.

"I'll be right back" she smiles at him and heads for the bathroom, stopping for a quick second next to her overnight bag to grab her clean underwear.

When she's done in the bathroom and also washed the remnants of yesterday's makeup of her face she slides out the door on her tiptoes, silently in case Tom fell back asleep.

But instead of lying in bed, she finds him standing next to the window with his arms outstretched, leaning on the windowsill.

He's wearing a plain shirt and sweatpants, yet to Aurora he's the most handsome man she's ever seen. He seems to be deep in thought so she takes her time to reach him. Her body aches though, so maybe she couldn't even rush if she wanted to.

When Rory reaches him, she wraps her arms under his, around his waist and pulls his back to her chest. She returns the act that always makes her feel safe and loved, a hug from behind.

His body tenses but only for a fraction of a second before his fingers find Rory's and they tangle together in a tight grip. She can basically feel the smile on his face from where she's standing. She relishes in the moment for a while as she rests her cheek on his spine, then she squeezes herself between him and the windowsill.

Tom towers over her as usual, but he looks down at Aurora with such adoration, happiness and love.

He reaches up and strokes her hair, pushing a piece of it behind her ear before speaking up.

"How are you feeling?" his eyes are searching her curiously.

"Absolutely perfect." she smiles "A little sore, but I'm sure I'll survive."

This earns a chuckle to escape his mouth as he grabs Rory by the waist and sits her up on the windowsill, making her come up almost face to face.

"You know I love you right?" she asks out of the blue.