CHAPTER THIRTEEN

It's lunch break now.

The class is as lively as always.

"Kiyopon wanna hangout with us?"

Haruka came over to my sit with Airi.

"Where is Keisei and Akito?" I asked. Usually they are together but I don't see them in the class.

"Miyacchi had a work to do. So Yukimu tagged along with him."

"Oh."

"Hey whatcha doing?"

I heard Ike's voice. Apparently he's talking with Shinohara.

"It's none of your business."

"Oh!Maths. These problems are easy and you are trying to solve it in lunch time? Are dull headed or what?"

"It's not like you can solve them on your on, meat head."

"Wha- what did you just say!"

This is a common scene in our class.The routine quarrel between Shinohara and Ike. It's like they are grade-schoolers. From what I have seen they have mutual feelings for each other but their pride is blocking their path of romance. I don't understand why they need to cause such a commotion everytime. They can just let go of their stubbornness.

"Looks like they have began their lover's quarrel." Haruka commented.

"Lo-lo-lover's quarrel? They are going out?!"

"Hm?You didn't know? They are engaged."

"Huh!!!En-engaged?"

Airi started to blush hardly.

"Pfft.It's just a joke don't think hard. One day you'll be doing lover's quarrel also. Don't worry."

Haruka glanced at me for a split second.

"Come let's go to the café."

Haruka grabbed Airi's hand and began to pull her. I followed after.

............

I spot Ike sitting alone on bench as I was going in the direction of the dorm. Normally he's with Sudo at this time. I should see what's going on.

He looks kind of upset. I have guess what's it about.

"What are you doing all alone here?"

"Oh-Ayanokouji.Nothing just passing time."

"Are you displeased about something?"

"N-no.I am fine."

"Say Ayanokouji what if you liked a girl but you couldn't gather the courage for your feelings, what would you do then?"

Surprisingly Ike has grown. He is able to understand his own feelings albeit silently.

"That's a weird question."

"Yeah. It's not like you like someone. It's just a hypothesis. Just imagine okay?"

Rude.

"I would go ahead and confess."

"Eh! Just confess?! You don't seem like it but you are very straight forward."

"Do you have someone in mind?" I asked Ike. But if I am right he won't admit it yet.

"Ha..ha..wh-what are you talking about? I don't have one girl. You might not know it but I was very popular amongst girls in middle-school."

Ike said that with weak-smug smile on his face. He is bad at bluffing.

"But push that matter aside what if I like someone, then what?"

"It's something like this. Suppose you like 'S' girl...."

"Wait wait. Why do we have to think this imaginary girl as 'S'?" Ike asked hesitantly.

"It's for understanding the matter easily."

"Oh.Then continue."

"So you cherish this 'S' girl a lot. But you don't have the courage to confess. So you see her from afar,talk with her and even argue with her. You think she can't tolerate you but in real she likes you too. But as you know time changes everything. There's a possibility person 'S' will give up and begins to think you are annoying. Then what will happen?"

"What will happen? I don't have any ideas."

"She will cast you aside.And you will only be a short passage of her life's love chapter."

"Shit man. That's harsh. I really didn't think this deeply."

Ike seems to be worried now. Maybe I pushed too far?

"Why are you getting all worked up?"

"Oh! Right. Ha...ha...ha. I-I was just thinking about Ken and Horikita. I have to tell him this thing. Thanks for your advice."

Ike left hurriedly.

Good thing he didn't asked about how was I able to understand this romance theory. From any person's view I am a single and unpopular boy. They don't know about Kei yet. It's surprising how I have a good grasp over romance which is unbelievable for me just one year ago. Maybe all the research about romance is getting in my head ?

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
I am sorry for being late. I had some important work to do and our school started a week ago. I mean we have to be physically present at school,no online class. Sad. T_T