•🌙•Chapter 13•🌙•

Razor's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so glad that mom interrupted us earlier, I honestly don't know what I was thinking.

I don't want to ruin anything with Bennett, I know he's not like that but I just don't want to make things awkward.

Though I don't know much about love, I'm pretty sure that's the case.

"You okay cutie?" Mom knocks on the already open door.

"Yeah." I respond and pick up a comb so I can brush Emerald's fur.

"Alright, just checking!" She waves and walks off.

"Tomorrow is someone very important's birthday, you have to be a good girl."

Emerald scratches her back and yawns.

"You're tired, let's go to bed." I get up and turn the bedroom lights off.

Emerald cuddles up on a pillow in the corner of the bed.

I get under the fluffy blankets, it felt very warm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Razor lays there under the thick blankets, not being able to fall asleep.

'Is Bennett okay? I didn't see him go home cause we left early' he thinks to himself.

'I should be able to sleep fine, I shouldn't get attached or anything. That'll only make my life harder.'  The boy shuffling around under the blankets gets lost in thought.

'I miss him.' He turns to the dog, who was now sound asleep.

'Maybe I can take him with us to Klee's birthday? I know that they're friends. Hopefully he is invited already.'

After a lot of thought, Razor eventually fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tall woman knocks on Razor's bedroom door.

"You need to get ready, we're leaving in ten." Lisa says and quickly gathers her stuff to leave.

Razor leans up out of the bed, it was around ten in the morning.

"Good morning Emerald." The fluffy dog gets up to lick Razor's arm.

The boy tiredly pet the dog and stood up to get ready.

"Wait, I have to ask mom if Bennett can come." He thinks aloud.

Razor walks downstairs and around for something to eat, until he saw a box of granola bars sitting in the pantry.

'I'll ask her when we get outside!'  Razor picks up his usual boots, the only shoes he really wears.

Lisa waves at Razor to come outside so they can get going, her holding Klee's birthday present in her right hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Razor's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get my boots on and notice mom talking to someone outside, it's most likely something about a overdue book or about the knights.