Answers

Two weeks later...

Camera flashes and camera screens were all glued to the lieutenant, standing straight behind the desk, his mask on his face.

-We are all delighted to have been able to find Francis Ortega. The hunt that has taken place in recent weeks has been exhausting and difficult, but the law enforcement center is pleased to announce the capture of Mr. Ortega today.

That evening, 6 p.m., apartment 313...

-Eddie? Eddie!

The firefighter had reopened his eyes and got up, alarmed by calls from his best friend who had gone to open the door.

He arrived while trotting and crossed the corridor at full speed before falling on his knees.

-Christopher!

He huked his son so hard that he could have suffocated him.

Standing on the doormat, Christopher was waiting for the door to be opened to him.

The little boy laughed, surprised.

-Dad! What happens with you?

Eddie retreated and examined his son from every angle. He had no scratch, even stranger, he seemed in perfect health.

He took him in his arms and got up, bringing him inside.

Evan glanced into the corridor before frowning when he saw a paper protruding from the bottom of his doormat. He shot it and retrieved a new letter, written in this same old yellow paper and with the same black ink.

He closed the door behind him and decided to slip it into a drawer, while he decided to open it.

He pulled up his pants, embarrassed and advanced towards the living room, where Eddie had rushed while tightening his boy.

His gaze was wet and his pupils dilated, but Buck knew full well that this was only the backlash of the shock he had just suffered. Christopher had returned, that was all that mattered.

Evan moved away and took out his phone. The second bell was answered.

-Athena it is Buck. Stop searching. Christopher has returned.

This was followed by a conversation where he had to justify himself and explain how it was possible, but he himself had no idea what was happening now. He was perhaps the most lost of the three.

-He's fine. That's the essential.

When he hung up, his face towards the kitchen, he blew, trying to hold back his trembling leg.

He heard steps behind his back and turned around, ready to welcome Christopher with a wide smile but it was Eddie who rushed on him and embraced him.

He hiccuped with surprise and smiled in response to the hug.

-Thank you, breathed the smaller one.

Buck made an emotional pout and laughed. Eddie separated from him and returned to his son, but halfway he turned around and returned to his friend who had his arms still open and was about to put it back on. He didn't even have time to be surprised when the so-called hug turned into a quick and discreet kiss. Immediately cut off when Eddie runs away to Christopher.

Buck remained standing in the kitchen, not sure what to do, he blushed a few seconds later and turned around, troubled.

-Uh... okay... Yes. You're welcome, he laughed.

Later, we knocked on the door again and this time, it was Athena and Bobby waiting in the corridor. Buck joined them and closed the door in silence.