◇^Through it all | G.W.

(A/n)

A drabble inspired on one of G0thicRainbows requests!

*not proofread

________
________
________

The bad sensation wears off slowly, turning into a weird pressure in the back of my head, according to how my vision becomes clearer, the only thing to ground me better in reality is the cold breeze hitting my body.

Where even am I? I didn't even need to go anywhere, I... Fuck, what was I doing?

I look down at my hands, seeing myself weirdly pale. A sigh escapes my lips as I look around, finding dark debris everywhere while something – ashes, I think – fall everywhere despite the lack of any smell of smoke or sign of fire. Has this place been on fire at some point or something?

A sudden sound, loud, followed by steps and low chatter, suddenly echoes through the place and I turn around. A whole parade. Where the hell did it even come from? How did I not hear this shit coming? I curse under my breath as I look around for any sort of explanation, anyone who isn't on the... the Black Parade, according to what the zeppelin says. The weirdest part, maybe, is how there's a loud sound of a piano, but still, no piano anywhere. A shiver runs down my spine and fear threatens to take over, only to remain as a repressed feeling in my chest.

About five guys stand on the float with their instruments, followed by a lot of people in similar clothes, also looking like they're running some sort of anemia or lack of sleep.

The guy who's singing, however, catches my attention. He's so beautiful, fucking pale, like a doll or something, a whole contrast to his black uniform. His eyes never even look anywhere near me, shamefully, but that isn't really important.

The float comes close, soon enough, the music is not as loud as I expected it to be when hearing it in the distance. At first, I'm going to let it pass, but... Fuck, nothing is holding me back and what are they going to do? Kick me off the float? I jog until reaching the lowest part of it and climb on it without a lot of struggle.

A sudden oscillation disturbs the music, not enough for it to stop – there's no significant pause –, only surprise followed by curious and questioning gazes sent my way. Not like they can hear any explanation and I don't want to disturb the song further, so I limit myself to sit down on the float, on a free area by the front. The singer looks at me, eyebrows knitted together, never stopping to sing, though something on his expression tells me my actions aren't very common.

Something about the way he sings and gesticulates things and all, he's so perfect. Okay, perfect may be a strong word, but it's all that comes to my mind now; he's all in my mind aside from that song. A song about themselves, apparently.

A few minutes have passed by when a drum solo takes over instead and everyone is just standing there, breathing heavily. The singer sighs, lips pressed together whilst he puts the mic away and looks at me, raising an eyebrow – at the lack of an answer, he reaches out a hand and I can't help but to smile, taking it in mine to stand up.

"Welcome," he says. "I'm Gerard."

"I... Thank you." I nod. "I'm–"

"(Y/n)," Gerard says before I'm able to – I raise my eyebrow, humming. Alright, then. He looks at me from under his lashes before his eyes drift down at the same time a pink tone takes over his cheeks. Cute.

Seeing him from close like this is a whole different experience, somehow, as if he's more beautiful from close than he looks in the distance.

"I– Do you mind if–" I stutter, causing him to raise an eyebrow. Damn, no way I'm saying this out loud and telling him about it. This will be creepy, though he still hasn't let go of my hand. "I'm sorry, but–" Once again, I can't bring myself to finish the sentence, but I step closer this time and press a kiss to his cheek – if it can be considered a kiss, with my lips barely lingering over the skin.

I can feel my cheeks burning hot as I pull away and, at least, he does seem just as flustered, looking at me with wide eyes.

He cleans his throat, closing his eyes. "I, um, I hope you have a good time here, (y/n)," he says softly, letting go of my hand after giving it a squeeze.

_____________