♡^Not so punk, are you, love? | G.W.

(A/n)

Requested on Tumblr

_______
_______
_______

"More, please," Gerard says as holding his cup out while I'm serving myself tea. I hum as doing as requested before carefully setting the teapot on the table again, the porcelain clinking lightly with it. He brings the cup to his lips to take a sip of the drink and hums in appreciation. "This is good."

"Thank you." I smile, happy with his comment. It's the first time I'm preparing this kind of tea, so I'm happy Gerard likes it. Maybe he's becoming an expert in tea too. I'm almost sure he was explaining Frank the difference between the types of Earl Grey some other day.

The calm summer breeze embraces us warmly and sends a few strands of hair flying now and then, but nothing too annoying. Shaky shadows are cast under the plants and trees and flowers of the garden and by our feet, on the wooden tiles of the back porch. A quiet song plays in the background, contributing to the calm atmosphere we're set in.

"These are also really good," Gerard says as grabbing another one of the cookies, earning himself another thanks from me while I happily watch him eating, also doing so myself. His gaze falls to the table, observing it for a moment. "Is this tablecloth new? I don't think I've seen it before."

"I bought it yesterday," I reply and start observing it myself. It has delicate drawings of flowers in soft colors, matching the tea set.

"I guess I still like the one with golden details better, but this is also beautiful." He traces one of the flowers with his fingers, observing it for a long moment, maybe trying to find the pattern between the images.

"The golden one is special. I would use it more, otherwise; I like it a lot."

"I bet you'd use it as much as the lace one, if not," Gerard says as catching my gaze, smile disappearing behind the cup again.

"Of course," I say with a chuckle. There's a silent moment in which I observe him before speaking up again. "I'd say you're pretty cottagecore too if it wasn't for the heavy punk style," I grin, taking a quick look on his messy dark hair, faint scars on his face and all the leather, "but I guess you're just like this because of my influence."

"Well, who knows if I am not, a little bit, internally?" Gerard winks, setting the cup down carefully to grab himself another kind of cookie. "I'm not here because you 'influence' me to, you don't force me to anything. I actually genuinely enjoy doing this," he says truthfully, eyes meeting mine as he speaks like if to prove he isn't lying and he's not afraid of admitting that. It makes my heart flutter. And he knows it.

"Are you up to going for a walk?" Gerard suggests, leaning back on the chair after having finished the tea and still nibbling on one of the cookies. "Mainly just to hang out, but we can go somewhere, if you want."

I hum thoughtfully at first then nod, though continuing on trying to figure out somewhere to go. "Sounds fun, I don't know where to go, but we can think about that later, I guess."

"Wonderful," he grins.

Gerard helps me with cleaning the table then washing the dishes, keeping a small talk with me the whole time, seeming to have the only purpose of snatching happy giggles from me and making my cheeks turn as red as possible so he can watch me with that stupidly happy face of his, like if I was the most precious think in the world. The look itself is enough to make me melt. He doesn't even look at art like that and I feel like I don't deserve being looked at like that. Like if there's something worth it looking at.

"Ready to go?" Gerard asks with arms around my torso from behind and a kiss is pressed to the side of my neck while I dry my hands on a cloth before letting it on the counter.