- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭! 𝐈𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞.

Ren POV

After you black out, you clenched your eyes and opened your eyes. You quickly sit up but groaned. 'Ugh, what the hell...' I hold my head.

I checked myself and quickly look at my Vision. 'Why is my vision black..?' You took it out of your waist and looked closely to it. Cries and screams came through your ears, you widened your eyes and dropped it.

"This must be... despair...?" I was stunned and have nothing to do. but the solution is to stay away from them, the gods and my friends. Its not like I want attention from them but for the sake of their lives.

A screen came up through your mind. 'What the-' A voice cut off. "Hello. You seem to have obtained it, let me explain. The reason why you guessed that it was despair... well, your correct I would say.." 'Who even are you and what do you mean?' I asked cautiously.

Its voice sighed, "You said you were an Unknown god right? So, you have a chance to be changed instead of being known as 'Unknown god'." The voice mocked. I irked, 'Really? Do you have to mock about it?' I gritted my teeth.

It laughed, "Haha, Don't be so mad at me... I'm just here to help you out, That's all! Or maybe you want to meet me in person so bad?" HE teased. "Why do I always meet up with boys instead with girls..." I groaned. He laughed again, "Don't ask me. I never met your friends before." He said.

'Yes, I got your point.' I averted my eyes to the black vision. 'What happened to my vision?' I asked again, "Eh, You obtained The God of Despair Title." Making you feel that he just shrugged his shoulder.

'What do you mean by that? I know that my guess is correct but since when did I have despair in my life?' I asked again just for information. He sighed, "You sure want more information." He suddenly appeared in front of you. He has black hair but with a style... he even has a red highlight, cool style I guess.

I widened my eyes at first but shake it off. "You seem handsome in person I guess." I complimented but not really, it was just a LIE.

"Hah, Thanks for the compliment. I get that a lot when they see me past them." He sarcastically flip his hair like he has a long hair if HE was a girl. 

"You do know I'm lying." I raised my eyebrow and picked up my vision. I didn't mind if it was black but instead I put it to my waist.

He scoffed, "But you do admit too right?" He suddenly went close to your face. Your face was blank but put your finger up and pushed his chin or face out of your sight.

"Sure you could say that, but its just a lie." I simply said and disappeared. 'Hmph, what a rude person. Wait, I didn't even ask they're name-'

Aether's POV

'I wonder where's Ren..? Its been awhile since we last met... where did they go after they have convinced my sister to meet up with me?' I wondered in thought.

"Aether? You look like your in deep thought..." My sister asked. I looked at her, "Oh, uh- sorry." I averted my eyes to the other side.

"You sure? You could always ask me." She said with a worried expression. "No, really I'm fine." My eyes was still sticking to the other side, I sweat dropped and waved it off.

She sighed, "Fine... but still, ask me anything." She put her hand on my shoulder. I gazed at her and smiled. "Thanks, Lumine." I smiled back.

Ren's POV

I sighed, and walked around. But I didn't really show my real self in front of people, I wear disguises. 'Ugh, Why does it got to be so boring..' I complained in my own thought.

"You can have a NICE talk with me." The black haired guy with a red highlight randomly appeared. I didn't flinch, which is not surprising. I'm not used to those yet, because it does really ruin my mood.

He frowned but realized something, "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Yuki." He smiled. I averted my eyes to him, but back in front quickly. "Ren Collymore. Nice to meet you Yuki." I used my tired voice.

When he heard your voice, there's a hint of a tired one. He gasp dramatically, "Oh my gosh! Are you trying to say I'm boring now?!" 'This guy really acts like Tortilla.' I thought and imagined Childe acting like that.

"Your annoying too huh?" I said out of nowhere. He froze like a statue, "What...?" He muttered. "Its just a word, why so offended by it?" His eye twitched, "Really? annoying to describe me?" he irked.

"Chill, I'm telling the truth right now." I deadpanned.

"Hmph, why so mean?" He huffed. 'Oh gosh, We have Tohma, Childe, and Yuki... they almost have the same braincells. Imagine being with them for the whole trip being stuck with them?' I visibly frowned.

"I'm your Despair buddy, if you don't know who I am really too you." He smiled again.

"You seem a happy one." I said. He laughed, "Not much, but sometimes I get very serious on serious situations." He said darkly. "Your not scary, okay?"

His jaw dropped, "Why so cold?" He pouted. 'He might also act like Kaeya a bit...' I thought.

 'Don't think too happy Ren... happiness might disappear.' I thought to myself.

End of chapter. Hope you enjoy and welcome to book 2! Sorry if its short.

Words: 955