- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

‖New friends?‖

Third person's POV

While walking around outside the wild... Yuki suddenly spoke up. "Oh! By the way, do you wanna meet my friends?" He turned to you.

"Huh? I never thought you have friends." You turned back at him. He frowned, "Can you at least be nice to me?!" He whined.

You gave him 'tch'. "Stop whining like a baby." You rolled your eyes.

He pouted and look away. "Who's your friend?" You asked. "We'll see them around the wild. They sometimes pick stuffs up for they're own ascensions." he answered.

You nodded in response and continued walking.

For a little while, Yuki saw his familiar friend, "Yo, Karuma!" He shouted. You jolted a bit and looked at his direction.

He has a grey long hair until his waist. It looks like h was wearing a kimono? I mean not the one for woman but for a man. He even has glasses on which is kind of similar to Gojo's glasses, by the looks of him... he must be strong.

Karuma quickly averted his eyes to Yuki. "Ah, my friend! We meet again." He widely opened his arms. Yuki quickly ran to him and hugged him. Karuma even hugged back. Well, you just stand there staring at them.

Ren's POV

I stared the both of them hugging each other, your eyes was full of sadness with despair. 'Why can't I have friends like them...?' I asked myself.

'I have suffered enough... Kiana... I wish you were by my side...' I gripped my clothes. A visible illusion touched your shoulder, making you to look quickly. You saw visible foggy hands on your shoulder, "Hello, dear friend." A voice was heard through your ears.

"Kiana.." I muttered and she went in front of you. "I know its been a long time since we last met in the other world..." She smiled sadly.

"Kiana... can you be with me forever...?" I asked while small tears fell down, but no emotion is expressed.

She sighed, "I'm sorry Ren... but I can't.. I'll meet you again." She waved a goodbye and disappeared.

I was stunned, 'Why... just why Kiana...?-' "Hey Ren!" Yuki's voice raised. I quickly looked up, "What?" I stuttered a bit. Do you think you might stutter a lot huh?

"You've been spacing out already." He gave me a worried look. "Ugh, don't go worry about me. Its annoying if people cares for me. I just wanna be alone..." I whispered the last part.

"Hey." He grabbed my shoulders gently. "Don't just say that... you know I'll be always by your side." He smiled.

"I don't trust you... yet." I averted my eyes to the ground. His smile dropped, "Its fine that you don't trust me... I know... you have been through a lot." He patted your head.

Karuma smiled sadly as well. "You must be Ren right? you can trust me or not, but I think we could have a good relationship together." He said.

"Thank you... for staying by my side." I looked up and hugged them. They were surprised at the sudden action of yours but returned the hug.

Karuma laughed and pulled away, "Now, cheer up Ren. Have fun as much as you could." He smiled brightly.

I nodded in response. "Do you wanna go to Liyue?" Karuma asked. I fake coughed with my fist, "I need to disguise as Echo again..." I muttered but Karuma catch your words. "Okay, you could disguise." "What-" I was interrupted by Yuki. "Come on, dress up." He pushed me gently behind the tree so I can change.