Chapter 4

Your text buzzed his phone at around noon, and you asked to just walk around the city with him. Such an intimate thing you asked for. How could he decline that? He was at your apartment around one, pressing the button which your home number was, alerting you to his arrival. You were down the stairs in only a couple more minutes, shocked to find yet another rose in his hand. This time, it was a lavender rose instead of a red one. "Love at first sight..." you muttered, cheeks turning red.

He smiled, of course you knew the meaning of the colors for roses. He was glad that his attempt hadn't gone unnoticed. Even if you hadn't known, you probably still would've liked them anyway. You yourself were a delicate flower to him after all. However, your posture shifted, signaling uncomfortability. Had he gone too far with the flower? Perhaps it would've been best not to give you one at all. Or at least stick to the cliché red one...

"Was that too much?" He asked, bracing himself for the answer.

Yes, yes it was. You'd never want to see him again after this. How could you want to. God he was so stupid, so head over heals for you that he couldn't control himself around you. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!

"N-No." You responded, fidgeting with the stem. "No, I just don't know where to put this now. Um... do you want to come back inside so I can put it with the others?"

If only you had noticed his heart palpitating, and eyes filling with happiness mostly reserved for whatever Heaven awaited beyond death (if it did. No judgement for what you believe in. Especially not from Peter). He felt like he was floating when he replied with a "yes." How loud was that affirmation? He couldn't remember it despite just saying it. He hoped it wasn't too excited, he didn't want to scare you with how fucking cheerful his day was around you.

You led him inside, and back up the elevator, and to your room. It was a comfortable silence that fell between you two, until you began talking about everything and nothing. You were ranting about random things that hardly even mattered to you. He noted that you didn't like silence. Comfortable or not, silence can be tricky. Peter was well aware of how a lack of noise could effect someone, as he himself had an issue with it sometimes. But with you, that would never come to be. He was far too content to be even in your presence to care about what was said or otherwise. Given, he cared a lot about what you said. Every word. Your voice could never be tuned out of his head.

The way his nickname left such a wonderful person like you, the joy he felt whenever you spoke about something you enjoyed, the pain he felt whenever you talked about something sad... it all was kept in his memory. Nothing would ever be lost to him, nor anything ignored. You deserved to be listened to, to be heard and adored for every breath you took. God, he was dying to hear your moans as well. The way you would squeak his name, how your body would feel underneath him, and on top of him. He could be whatever you needed him to. He would do everything you asked or needed as well. The joys of being a service switch.

"YB?" You asked, pulling him out of his thoughts.

When had you two made it into your apartment? Fuck, did you say something important? How long had he lost focus? Shit, so much for listening completely... "Sorry, zoned out there for a minute. What were you saying?"

You shook your head with a light chuckle. "It's alright. I do that too sometimes. I just said I was going to be right back. Do you mind waiting in the living room while I go put this away?"

His shoulders relaxed. He hadn't realized he was tensing them. "Not at all, take your time, darling."

He hadn't missed the way you blushed with the nickname, nor had he missed the slight stumble you took while turning. Were you clumsy as well? Lord, how adorable is that. He'd have to take caution around his home after he took you there to ensure that you wouldn't fall and hurt yourself. Perhaps a carpet should be laid out. Then at least it would cushion your body instead of slamming against cold wood or tiled floor. He'd also have to make his shower/bath fall proof as well. They did make mats for that reason. Couldn't have you falling and cracking your head open...