Chapter 12

Officer Ron Williams wanted to vomit. He already was under a lot of stress due to this being his first murder and kidnapping case, but to find out that the missing victim was his fathers tenant? He did not need the added pressure of making his father proud with finding you, the poor captive that had no idea what they'd gotten themselves into. Plus, that was one of his favorite dinners that was now shut down. A true tragedy to lose such a waiter and damn good food.

His coworkers helped out as much as they could, although busy with their own work for the most part, and he appreciated it immensely. No one envied how much paper work the man had to do now, nor how many court appearances he had to make to get a search warrant for Peters apartment, and the surveillance cameras around the murder scene. A little less work was necessary when it came to your apartment, as Don keyed him in without complaint.

"Ones dead, the others missing. Do whatever you have to do, son." He'd said, his voice shaking just slightly enough to reveal his emotions.

It hurt Ron to see his father like this, but finding you and apprehending Peter was the only way to fix that.

He interviewed their mother, boss, Don, and TK's family as well for any information that he could find on Peter. The mother said he seemed like a good person for her child, while Don fucking hated him. TK's family only knew that their precious family member was crushed to see you go to someone so... "creepy."

Honestly, if Peters foot print wasn't at the crime scene, along with video footage of him running to his van with a bloody boot, Ron would've believed that maybe he wasn't the culprit. Along with the fact that Peter had also been missing from his apartment for as long as you had. His family claimed that they'd lost contact with him, that they had no idea where Peter had went, but Ron had his phone in the evidence room, along with two bloody knives that were being tested for DNA.

The cops had seen everything. The stalker photos, your clothing mixed with his... and now they had both of your phones. Peter, although being investigated due to his own negligence, was smart enough to leave those at the apartment when he left with you. It gave Peter another couple of days time of freedom as Ron gained a warrant to search the phone for call logs and text messages the few days prior to their disappearances.

And another couple of days to get another interview with the sister, who was the last one Peter had called.

And another couple of days after she asked for a lawyer...

And another week before they'd learned about the different properties the family owned, and sent out an alert to the officers residing in the towns that could possibly have the suspect and you residing in them.

With the sister being uncooperative, the waiting game had begun for Peter to slip even subtly.

"This is the worst part of all of this, kid." His boss sighed, platting his shoulder. "Every second counts in cases like these, but when there's nothing you can do, there's nothing you can do..."

"There's gatta be something." Rob muttered. "Something else. A clue, a sign... something."

The older woman smiled sadly. "You should take a break. Couple days, maybe. We'll give you a call if someone sends word of anything, alright?"

"Ma'am, I-"

"Go home, kid."

He nodded his head with a sigh. "Yeah... yeah. Okay."

Four weeks of captivity...

Four fucking weeks of paperwork, near sleepless nights and constant work.

And it wasn't good enough.

He'd find you, (Y/N).

"I promise." He whispered, staring at the dark ceiling of his room.

["Short and different, much like my wang." She says, not having one.]