Chapter 11

It wasn't until day six that Peter decided you were ready to go upstairs for a little while. It was just for a shower, though. The wet wipes he was giving you weren't really doing the best job at keeping you clean, and he knew that a shower would be good for your mental health as well. Being out of the city and in an almost completely secluded area meant that there was a well and septic tank, which meant no water bill to run up taking a nice long shower. A nice long shower was what you needed, too.

He'd made sure to buy all of the wanted items for the shower as per your request, and hidden any and all weapons available from your sight from the door to the bathroom. It didn't take long to do said tasks, but it was still painful being away from you for as long as it was. He promised to allow you near complete privacy as you relaxed under the warm water, but he did need to keep the door cracked open. He claimed it was for your protection, as you could slip and he needed to get to you quickly if it happened, but it was also to make sure you didn't run.

He trusted you, he really did, but you were smart. If you wanted to escape somehow from that room you'd probably be able to find a way. With the door cracked open, he could hear any sort of attempt easily. At least, he hoped he would.

He undid your binds, removed the bandages from your wrists (out of love and care for you. Not because you couldn't undo them), and helped you stand up carefully. You were smiling at him, your eyes wide with hope, and his heart skipped a beat. You'd been doing so good lately. Flinching away from him was happening less and less often, as were the angry voices and name calling, and he couldn't be more proud of you. It still hurt him to have to do this, but you were finally warming up to him! He was happy. And you seemed to be too.

You were slowly lead up the stairs, and out the basement, into the kitchen. He told you to be cautious of your eyes as they needed to adjust to the sunlight, and couldn't help the dorky smile as you did just that. You were so cute when your eyes adjusted. You were so cute with everything you did, though. He held your hand as he pulled you along, slowly and careful not to squeeze too tightly or go too fast. He didn't want to hurt you at all.

Meanwhile you were taking in your surroundings, a smile plastered on your face as you looked at the windows and doors leading to different places of the home. It was small, and open. The living room and kitchen were combined, making a large room in the center. There was one bedroom, and bathroom, along with the basement that you had just come out of.

The exit was in clear view of everything. If you just could get out of the basement, sneak out the door, you'd be free.

The woods seemed relatively thick from this view though, and there were no obvious neighbors that you could see from your short walk to the bathroom, but Peter kept going somewhere for necessities. There was somewhere nearby you could run to. Hopefully.

He reminded you that he would be right outside, and that you could take as long as you wanted. He knew putting you back into the basement after would be tricky, but it was necessary. This was necessary. After all, this was just a test. Just a single gift that hopefully would go well enough to trust you to be up here full time. Maybe even unbound. Only time would tell with that though.

To say that a shower felt like heaven before now would be a crime. This was absolute bliss. The water running across your skin, the feeling of the steam rise up, all was fucking beautiful. You had no intention on escaping now. He didn't have his guard down enough to even try to yet, and you didn't know enough about the area to do so either. So instead you enjoyed your shower, relaxing as much as you could in a home that wasn't your own, and that you were forced to be in.

Peter stayed true to his word. Allowed you to shower uninterrupted, as he sat outside the bathroom, greedily taking in any sound you made. He wanted to be in there with you so badly. Hold you tightly against him as the water ran down your bodies, your perfect frame glistening with the soap on your body...

And yeah. He's hard. So what? Let the man dream.

He couldn't do that though. You showering unsupervised was a huge step in the right direction, but it wasn't enough for him to shower with you yet, nor were you ready for that either. Despite your good behavior, you still didn't fully trust him, and that was okay. He deserved that. Deserved this. The pain in his chest, the sleepless nights hearing you sob or scream periodically... he deserved all of this.

He'd make it all better. He promised.

He left you some clothes on the lid of the toilet, his shirt and a pair of comfy pants in your size. He'd asked you of course what sizes you wore, but he had absolutely no intent on buying you a shirt. If you needed one, you could take one of his. Fuck any and all other ones. (Would rather you go naked all day, but he'll take what he can get.)

"A-Are you going to put me back...?" You'd asked sheepishly, as if afraid to make him angry. He supposed he deserved that, too.

He sighed. "I... Listen. If you promise to be good, we can cuddle on the couch and read a book or something, okay?" He said with a sad smile. "But I... I need to put you back there tonight."

The hopeful look in your eyes dissipated, and pierced his heart with a bullet. He couldn't trust you to not sneak out while he slept yet. He just couldn't. "Okay..." You mumbled, eyes trained on the floor.

"It's also around lunch time if you want to watch me make food?"

He stood up, towering over you. It made you want to shrink back, and barricade yourself in the bathroom, but you bit your tongue and nodded. Hopefully he'd stab himself on accident, or cut off his finger. Maybe then you could make an escape while he tended to his injured body.

Of course, that was just a fantasy, and those thoughts were slowly snuffing themselves out one by one.

If he wasn't so damn nice all the time, escape would be a lot easier to want.

~~~

"Breaking news tonight: Leading suspect in the Dans Diner murder case has yet to come forward, and new allegations of a possible kidnapping of another employee have been released to the public. (Y/N) (L/N), the missing employee in question, was last seen-"

"-if anyone has any information regarding their whereabouts please call-"

"Just bring my child home!"

"-was the best tenant I've had. Such a nice person too. Always helped out when they good... I'm worried..."

"Peter, wherever you are, you will be found and brought to justice. Come forward and make this easier on everyone."

Oh, Officer. He didn't even see your message. He's long out of the state, and the small town newspapers don't care about some random kidnapping in another city. Peter is blissfully unaware of the chaos, and will be for a while. Such a shame if the case were to run cold...

But who's to really tell?