| Four |

"Just a few

"Just a few..."

"No, Godric. No more few. I can't take being so watched anymore." Gala dropped her parchment to the ground and looked up to the summer sky through the window. "I just want everything to go back to normal."

"There's no such thing as normal for you, Gala. There never was. " She picks up her belongings and stood in front of the window, letting the sun's rays hit her skin.

"I know."

It had been months since the village was run through looking for more witches and wizards. It was the first time magic felt like a stranger to Gala, but she never wanted to use it for good. The internal fight to show everyone what good it could do was a constant one and a battle she knew she would have to continue to fight. Going back to the routine of having to hide was tiring. Mentally and emotionally. She felt as if someone were to ask her why her brother and her friends were so distant, she would be held on a trial for saying too much. If someone would show that they were truly worried, she felt like she would break. Putting everybody in danger, including her brother.

"It's spring," Helga whispered as she looked out the window. The children of the village ran through the fields of fresh flowers, their lives returned to them as priests reassured them that they were now safe. The laughter between mothers and the deep chatter amongst the fathers. "We do it for them, Gala." Her hands were around the arms of the young Gryffindor girl. A comforting motion, knowing that she too was worried about those outside and for those in their home.

"I know."

"You'll get over it," Salazar mumbled as he put his robe on the chair. Godric and Helga both looked at the older wizard, asking through their eyes why he had to be the way he was.

"Eventually," Gala mumbled back and walked away.

__

"They're finding more, Gala." Arman reaches for her hand and gives it a quick squeeze. Gala stayed silent as her friend continued to tell her about the other wizard they found in the town over. James was his name. James was a young wizard, learning how to control his magic by tending the animals. It was only one time. James was angry, angry at the death of another witch, and exposed himself to his farmers. They wasted no time. He was burned at the stake that same day. "Thank God they exposed him."

"Why do you say that? He was just a farmer."

"No Gala. He was the devil's child and anyone who has the 'gift' of magic, belongs right where those others have ended up. The father is speaking of possibly bringing in someone who does witch hunts."

"How would they even know who is and who isn't one?" Gala whispered as she played around with the loose string on the hem of her dress. She was beginning to worry about her brother. Her brother would help the villagers tend to their homes. If anything would fall, Godric used his. strength to help, of course as well with a little bit of magic, but magic nevertheless. "How do you know they won't kill anybody innocent? Children?"

"I don't know, Gala, but with God's help. He'll expose them all"