| One |

Gala looked over the fence, hoping that the lights would be off by the time she entered the house

Gala looked over the fence, hoping that the lights would be off by the time she entered the house. Taking off her shoes and placing them in her bag, she began to make her way towards the home. It wasn't her plan to stay later than usual, it just sort of happened. She knew that there was one person in specific that would be up to her neck for arriving so late in the night and she was more than certain that it was not going to be her brother.

The creek of the door was not as loud, but the thumps of her heart were. If only she knew a way to quiet it down, the walk to her bedroom would be easier. Getting ahold of the only lit candle in the home, she placed her bag on the table before continuing her journey to her bedroom. 

"What happened to you arriving  for dinner?" Gala let out a scream and retrieved her wand from her pocket before letting out a sigh of relief. She shook her head and turned her heel before walking once again. He looks up from the book he was pretending to read. He would have never picked up a muggle book, even if his life depended on it. 

"Well hello, Salazar. Why am I not surprised you are the only one awake at this hour."  She could feel the man following her. It annoyed her to no end, it was as if Salazar was her older brother, instead of Godric, who was snoring his night away in his room. She laid down her bag, letting the shoes fall out and let her hair down. 

"Gala?" Gala smiles as Helga walked out of her own room and gave her a hug. "Would you still like some dinner?" She could feel that the man was still right behind her heels. Gala wanted out of the situation, and quick.

"I'm perfectly fine for now, Helga. Thank you." Helga only smiles before nodding and shook her head as Salazar appeared. 

"Good night, Salazar."

"Helga." 

Gala took the opportunity to enter her room and locking the door, not wanting to get another scowling from the moody man as he stood out the door. 

"Get away, Slytherin."

"Aren't you going to eat?" 

"No." 

"You do know your brother will be hearing about this." Gala let out a snort before tossing herself into bed, smiling at the thought of an angry Salazar talking to Godric, who will most likely be ignoring half of the subjects that will discussed.

"Good night, Salazar." 

--

He felt as if he was dealing with nobody else but a child. A child who is as stubborn as their brother.  Salazar stood a few seconds longer by the door until he was able to unlit all the candles and walked to his own room, the tip of his wand lit up. The house was quiet, with the soft snores of the women filled the quiet halls.

"She arrived?" Godric suddenly said, leaning against his door. 

"Your sister is the most stubborn..." Salazar began to word vomit all his thoughts.  

"She's young, Salazar. What do you except?" Salazar shook his head. "We were once like that." 

"The dangers in the streets were different than they are now, Godric. And if you do not teach your sister those dangers, it is only a matter of time that the filthy muggles expose them." 

Godric walked up to his friend and placed his hands on his shoulders. Salazar rolled his eyes and let out a heavy sigh. Godric was once again, lecturing the older man about his sister having and knowing what she was and what she was able to do. He felt as if there was no other way to get into his thick skull that his sister would one day or another, expose who she truly was and eventually bring danger to herself and them.

"You overthink these situations too far, Salazar. Gala is smart enough to know where her limits are to the muggle world."

"Or maybe doesn't know them at all." Salazar slid the hand off his shoulders and began to walk towards his room. 

"Salazar" He turned around as he opened the door to his own room.

"One day, you will agree with me. I just pray that day isn't one that our lives are in danger." Godric stands with his face uncomfortable and expressing a flash of worry. "Goodnight, Godric"