Chapter Two

Friday went by painfully slowly, and Adrien discovered just how much he hated the school holidays. Having additional time off meant his father had packed his schedule with additional photoshoots, good old Gabriel was expecting more and more as Adrien got older. So, instead of wandering around with his friends having fun during his summer break, he was wandering around photoshoots trying to keep Lila away from him.

Over the past few months she'd begun to get a little more handsy than he appreciated which caused a lot of time ducking and diving into small alcoves along with faking colds and naps. He knew it was all starting to look suspicious and that his excuses could only work for so long. With that being the case, he made a mental note to ask Nino if he could borrow his super soaker. He was sure that'd put a stop to it all.

Saturday went by even slower, with only piano practise and Chinese tutoring to fill in the afternoon lull. Adrien began to think his clock had stopped. Five times he double checked the time against his phone, and three times he changed the batteries. Well he'd attempted to change the batteries. Each of those three  times he realised his clock was actually plugged into the mains and therefore couldn't run out of battery, the faint hum of his computer also informed him that there wasn't a power outage.

Being as extra as he was, Adrien pulled up the blueprints of the plug courtesy of Google and found a screwdriver to check the connection. Of course, the clock was fine, but he was beginning to worry about his own mentality. Plus he was one more question away from being watched, after all, there's only some many times you can ask for a new fuse.

By six o'clock that evening Adrien was a bundle of nervous energy stalking from one side of his room to the other. Rubbing the back of his neck, the cool, calm, suave Adrien Agreste was turning into a pile of goo. His mind was running over drive as he considered there were only two options for this evening; the date was either going to go really well, or shockingly bad.

He needed it to go well. He needed Marinette to fall for him. This was his last chance to capture his Lady's heart. He just prayed the rumours were actually true and Marinette did, in fact like like him. He needed her to be his girlfriend.

Adrien made his way into his closet and began to look at the outfit he'd spent seven hours choosing the previous night. Ok, seven hours may have been a slight exaggeration, it was more like four.

He slipped on his black skinny jeans and leather dress shoes before looking at his chosen top again. It was a simple khaki green tee with a black leather jacket. Although it was summer, there was still quite a nasty chill in the air at night and he wanted to make sure he had a jacket to drape over Marinette's shoulders. If they were going to be walking after they'd been to the restaurant he wanted to make sure he could be as gentlemanly as possible, and be able to keep her warm. Nothing said romance more than slinging his jacket over her shoulders.

Happy with the overall look, he studied himself in the mirror one last time. Not too shabby at all. Spritzing a little of his self named cologne in the air, he walked through making sure he was coated in the heavenly scent, before finally realising he was ready. Adrien Agreste was finally ready for his date with Marinette Dupain-Ladybug-Cheng.

Physically at least.

"How are you getting out of the house, kid? You know your pop's won't agree to this."

And, just like that, Adrien Agreste was no longer ready to go on a date with Marinette Dupain-Ladybug-Cheng.

He scratched the base of his neck and began to think when the idea hit him. He was actually disappointed with himself for not thinking of it straight away. The issue was only minor. He was Chat Noir for Pete sake, he could escape the mansion whenever he wanted.