Chapter Nine

He called the transformation and made his way into his room.

New training partner? Now that took the biscuit!

He'd spent an evening trying to romance her, and what does she do? Run off into the night with another man, another man who she wanted to give his Miraculous to.

Adrien scoffed as he walked over to his computer, turning it on, like Plagg was going to let that happ-

Wait!

Wait a darn minute!

Plagg!

His jacket!

Plagg was in his jacket!

No way!

No stinking way!

She really thought she was clever!

Adrien sat back in his computer chair and looked at the screen before pulling up the Ladyblog. If she thought she was going to trick him, well she was wrong. He was the ultimate prankster! The wax museum confirmed that. He inwardly cringed, best not to think about that, it really was really not one of his best.

And by the looks of things she had got Alya in on it too. He knew Alya knew Marinette was Ladybug, but did she know his alter ego too? He hoped Marinette wouldn't do that to him, after everything they'd been through this past year, wouldn't she at least have the decency to keep his identity on the down low.

His computer finally loaded up, and he made his way to the Ladyblog, looking at any live sightings of Marinette/Ladybug around Paris. He knew Alya was out as Rena so perhaps it was just wishful thinking on his behalf, after all, nobody would be about to catch photos.

Checking the clock, he saw there was only ten minutes until he needed to go and meet his new partner. He didn't need a new partner. He was an original, the black cat to work with the red bug, a chosen one, the yin to the yang, ya'll. Not some stinking snake that he couldn't even use properly, because he messed up repeatedly as Aspik.

Frigging Aspik! Why would she think he wanted to relive some of the worst months of his life? Did she not know him at all? This was just mean. An alert from the computer pulled his attention from his internal rambling and to the screen, and there she was ... in her full red and black spotted glory, Ladybug running over rooftops with a new black cat.

Plagg was a traitor! He could kiss goodbye to the camembert, it was cheese strings all the way from here. Aldi special cheese strings.

Huffing to himself he stood up and made his way to the window. He was half tempted to not go, but he could use a good rant! Whoever was his new 'training partner' was about to get a right earful about their so-called leader, secret identities or not, he couldn't give. A badger's bottom at the moment.

With hop, skip and a jump he landed on the roof of the school, still mumbling about Marinette and her traitorous ways. He would get his own back. There was no way he was letting her get out of this without a few select words from himself.

Aspik noticed a figure on the edge of the school roof and made his way towards them, not really paying attention to who or what it could be. Slumping down he sat on the edge and swung his legs over the side, a big sigh followed and he heard a chuckle from his 'partner' sitting next to him.

"That was a big sigh," the soft voice said. He hadn't even got the energy or will power to be polite and look at her.

"I don't want to be here." He responded, causing his counterpart to giggle again.

"Yet here you are."

"Don't remind me," he groaned, "you see, the bug tells me to jump and I just ask how hi-" finally he looked at his partner and stalled in his words. She had totally played him and he could see the sparkle of mischief in her eyes that she'd won this round.