Chapter Three

Chat Noir dropped down behind a tree in the park opposite Marinette's bakery and let his transformation fade, now he was just Adrien Agreste, and Adrien Agreste was frozen still at the prospect of taking Marinette Dupain-Cheng out on a date.

What would happen if this backfired or went horribly wrong? Not only would he be messing up one of his favourite friendships, but also the dynamic of Paris' saviours but it was too late to think about that. He was here and he was going to do it. He had committed and he wanted this more than anything. He'd been after her for a couple of years now, there was no way he was turning back.

Adrien Agreste was finally going out on a date with Ladybug. Well he would be once he coaxed his legs into working and walked across the park. It should be simple, he knew how to walk after all.

Taking deep breaths, Adrien tucked Plagg away in his coat pocket, complete with stinky cheese, and headed over to the bakery. It was seven in the evening meaning that Marinette's parents had locked up for the night and retired to their apartment. Pulling open the side door, as instructed by Marinette, he headed up to their living quarters. Each step pounded down as hard as his heart beating against his rib cage.

Finally, after three flights, he was there, hand reaching up to knock at the door. Adrien placed two short taps before waiting patiently, suddenly remembering he'd forgotten to pick up some flowers. How could he turn up for a date without flowers? Pulling out his phone from his back trouser pocket he found Nino's number and typed. He was already proving he was rubbish boyfriend material.

Adrien
I'm pulling in the bro favour!!! I need you to pick me up a bouquet of a dozen red roses and bring them to LouLou for me. Don't ask any questions, I'll transfer you the money now.

Quickly swapping to his banking app, he sent Nino an insane amount of money, making sure he had enough to get the nicest bouquet of roses in the shop. Just as he closed the app Tom 'the Weredad' Dupain opened the door.

"Son, how are you?"

Adrien was glad to be met by the big guy's smile, not the intense anger he'd felt last time he was here. After the whole Chat Noir incident, Tom Dupain had become a recurring nightmare for him. He was a scary man when he was angry, and Adrien didn't plan on the night heading that way, again. It would be Tom he would ask to gain permission to marry his daughter.

"I'm good thank you, Sir. I hope you don't mind me taking Marinette out on a date."

"No, of course not," he led Adrien into the lounge area of the apartment. "You made her very happy when you asked."

"Really?" Adrien studied Tom's face in shock.

"Oh, yes! You see, between you and me -"

"Tom!" Sabine's voice overpowered whatever Tom was about to say, leaving Adrien extremely curious. Was there something about Marinette that Tom wanted to tell him?

Sabine walked over to the blonde haired teen and placed a hand delicately on his arm.

"You look great, Adrien."

"Thank you, M. Cheng."

Sabine let out a little chuckle and moved towards her husband.

"Please call me Sabine. No need for the formalities."

A sound of something hard hitting wood pulled Adrien from his conversation with Marinette's parents, directing his focus elsewhere in the room. Turning to the staircase that he knew led to his lady's room, he almost had a cardiac arrest. She looked incredible. He swore he'd never seen anyone so beautiful before in all his life.