Second Awakening: Five

"Wonder what's he doing right now?" Zhan asked himself, followed with a deep sigh. Chen Yu has been running in his head since the moment he disappeared from his sight.

"Ahhh I wanna see him!" he grumbles, holding the trash bags with his hands, shoulder slouching, legs sluggishly stride their way to the big compost bin located at the side of his apartment building.

As he downheartedly slumps the trash bags in the bin... "Who do you want to see?" A sweet baritone voice erupted beside his ears, causing him to jump in surprise. Unfortunately, he tripped when he jump in turning his body to see who was that.

Well, it's not unfortunate actually, it was a blessing in disguise that he tripped cause Chen Yu's senses were quick. He easily scooped him by the waist, catching him with his toned biceps, hugging him in the right places. Their nose is at an inch close, eyes dilated with their images of each other in it. As if the time just froze at that moment, hearts are in sync as they get deeper inside their own world.

Millimeters by millimeters, it's almost there, their lips were nearly on their final destination. But they were brought back to their trance when a loud clearing of throat broke the world they created at that moment.

"I know you young children like to be showy in public but you're blocking the bin~" a middle-aged woman-- probably one of the tenants- is standing just meters away from them, holding a bag of trash while giggling at how cute the two were acting a while ago. It pains her to break their public display of affection but she needed to throw her garbage cause the garbage truck will be picking the trash any time soon.

The two flinched, eyes wide, upon realizing their position. Zhan immediately stood properly and stepped aside while Chen Yu let go of him, scratching the back of his neck, abashed with cheeks flaming red.

"Oh hoho, thank you young'uns, you can continue what you're doing~" she giggled, fondness in her eyes as she turn away to go back to her own apartment.

They were left alone again, awkwardness built up between them. Who wouldn't? They just almost kissed for fuck's sake! Plus someone caught them in that nick of time.

Awkward silence engulfed the atmosphere for a couple of minutes, but Zhan decided to break the ice, "Why- why did you come?" he asked, looking elsewhere but Chen Yu. His cheeks were bright red, his heart almost thumping out of his chest.

"Well... I kinda want to see you before I go on shift?" He answers almost a question actually, unsure of what's the real reason that he came. He doesn't know himself too, why did his feet brought him in this direction.

Zhan bit his lower lip, trying to contain the building smile on his lips at what Chen Yu just uttered. "I guess you already saw me... so uhh" he snarkily replied, trying to hide his bashfulness behind his remark.

"Oh, yeah..." The latter just replied, lowering his head as he scratches the back of his neck. Well yes, he wanted to see him before he goes to his shift but there's something pulling him to stay unless he does this 'something'. But he can't figure out what is it though.

"Then... then you should be heading to your shift!" Zhan remarked after a short awkward silence, patting him on his shoulders as he passed by him. But Chen Yu didn't let him pass that easily, he grabbed his wrist, instantly sending electricity on Zhan's body. The moment Zhan look his way, Chen Yu already grabbed him, crashing Zhan's face on his chest as he engulfed him into a warm hug.

Zhan was surprised, frozen on his feet, eyes wide, breath hitching. Gosh, the warmth of the man that's making his heart go crazy is really comfortable. He wanted to stay longer but his heart is beating wild, Chen Yu might hear them (or probably already hearing them) in this distance.

There, the satisfaction, the one Chen Yu wants to do for him to be able to get through his night shift. "Hm, just right," he hums, inhaling the sweet flowery scent of Zhan's fabric conditioner, and embedded the feeling of this warm body deep into his heart.

Zhan is completely clueless at that remark but hugs him back anyway.

They stayed in each other's arms, long enough to fill Chen Yu's battery. "I- I gotta go..." Chen Yu suddenly utters, chest vibrating into Zhan's as he speaks.

Dejected, his arms loosen. He doesn't want to let go! But what can he do if the man needs to go to his own work too?

Chen Yu chuckles, he noticed that Zhan's mood suddenly changed. "I'll be seeing you tonight, don't worry," he assured as he let go of him as well but now holding his hands.

"O-okay..." Zhan answered, head lowered.

Chen Yu ruffles his hair, as he never lets go of his other hand. They made their way in front of the apartment building for Zhan to see him off.

"U-Uhm... take care, I guess?" He bids, nevertheless he didn't let go of his hands causing Chen Yu to chuckle low. "Are you trying to say goodbye?" he utters, looking down at their hands clasp together.

Zhan raised an eyebrow at him, "Uh yeah?" he answered like it's the most obvious thing.

"But you won't even let go of me," Chen Yu pointed at their hands.

Zhan's cheeks flushed when he looked down, he didn't notice that until Chen Yu pointed them out. Maybe he's too comfortable with the warmth that he unconsciously holds onto them a while ago.

"I don't want to let go too but I need to go," Chen Yu remarked, eye-smile never leaving his face.

Zhan sighed silently, slowly loosening his grip and eventually slipping his hands off from him.

"I'll see you later anyway, wait for me yeah?" Chen Yu reassured, patting both his shoulders.

Zhan gloomily nodded.

And so they separate ways. Zhan returned back to his apartment dragging his feet, sluggishly grabbing the doorknob. But before he can get in, he heard his name being called. His eyes immediately look for the source and saw Chen Yu still standing in front of the apartment building where he left him.

"See you!" he shouted, waving his hand at him with his handsome smile to ease Zhan's sadness.

A smile sprung at Zhan's lips as he waves back.

Maybe he's not only the one who misses the other after all.

----

A/N: Is it too sweet or lacking in sweetness? Well, it's cheesy for me tho HAHAHHA Anyways I'm messed up. lol