Your new job

Ready for your next dive into hell?

(Your POV)

When I got home from Mcdonalds, my parents were strangely already back home, not only that, but they were pacing around the room nervously.

"Y/N!" Your dad rushed over to you when he saw you.

"Hey Dad," I greeted, "Something wrong?"

Dad sighed, "well... you know work in politics right? And that I'm working with the monsters to help them settle in?" He bit his lip, "Well, we've started getting death threats, some crazy people who want the monsters dead, your mom and I are worried about you, so... We have to move you to another place, just for now," He explained.

"Another place? I'm moving but you're not?" I asked,

"Yes, I need to stay here, interviewers will probably crowd our house and become a problem. So... just try to live normally while you're away ok?" he said

"Where am I going?" I ask him,

"Just next to Grillbyz, they have space for you in Muffet's Bakery, but the owner of the place, Muffet, said you have to work for her."

"Oh... well, I'm gonna go up and pack my things then," I tell them as I head upstairs and begin packing. 

I finish packing all the things I need. Now I just need to pack me... Oh come on! I realize that I don't have enough space to pack my special anime body pillow.

Goodbye (your waifu) body pillow... you will be missed...

Watch, I bet my new boss is gonna try to kill me too... I predict

(Timeskip)

OH GOD, SHE'S TRYING TO KILL ME TOO! I back away furiously as the giant spider approaches me. 

"Awww, my pet likes you!" Muffet giggles.

"Yeah! Likes to eat me!!" I half-scream. 

"What! No!" Muffet replies, "Unless you want it to," She snickers.

I scream as the giant spider backs me into a corner. "PLEASE! I HAVE A FAMILY! TAKE THEM INSTEAD!!!" I yell.

Suddenly, the spider licks me, and makes a soft noise before backing away. "Oh wow... it actually didn't eat you there..." Muffet gasps, shocked. I'm too depressed to reply.

First I'm going to a school with a girl that'll kill me at a moment's notice, and now I'm working for someone who doesn't mind me being eaten... How am I not dead yet??  I wonder.

Muffet then gives me a list of things I have to do.

"Go feed my pet!"

"Go clean the tables!"

"Take my pet for a walk!"

"Here! Put this pink apron on and serve the customers!" The list went on all day. Finally, Muffet closed the shop and let me go set up my room in the attic.

What is this? Persona 5? I think to myself as I clean up the attic and set up my new room.

(Timeskip)

When I'm finally finished with setting up my room, I fall flat on the bed. It's been a long day. I sigh.

I wake up to Muffet calling me down. What is it now?  I dread as I walk down the stairs.

"Take him for a walk," She orders, handing me her pet's leash.

Oh... great, now I get to walk in public looking like a lunatic. I dread.

I groan as I feel the judging gazes of what feels like a million people pierce through me. Suddenly I hear giggles and the snaps of a camera. I turn around wondering who wanted to record my misery to find Frisk laughing. She runs over to me, a cheeky smile on her face.

"How did you of all people end up walking Cupcake?" Frisk asked.

"Who?" I ask,

"Cupcake! Who's a good boy?" Frisk greets as she pets the spider. (Idk if the spider's name is actually Cupcake but it sounded fitting so I ran with it)

What the fuck? I thought as I watch the spider make happy spider noises as Frisk petted it. "How... what?" I stare at them speechless.

"C'mon!' Frisk says, snatching the leash from me, "I'll teach you how to properly treat Cupcake," She offers.

I sigh and follow her. Her advice is actually pretty useful. Taking care of Cupcake's gonna be much easier now.

"And that's how it's done!" Frisk finishes, giving me the last of her tips.

"Thanks," I reply, "I think you just made my life a lot easier,"

"Yep! Oh, and give me your phone number too, so we can keep in contact!" Frisk exclaims. 

I almost jump in surprise, A girl... is asking me for my number?? Oh yes! Maybe this world isn't so cruel after all! I mentally cheer as Frisk gives me her phone number.

"I have to go now," Frisk sighs, "But let's hang out again sometime! I'd love to get to know you more!" She smiles before walking off to wherever she needs to go.

Frisk, a cute girl, just gave me her phone number and asked to hang out again sometime.

YES! LET'S GO! I cheer. Maybe my life's not so bad after-

"H-hey!! Where's cupcake going!" Frisk yelled as Cupcake suddenly took off.

Never mind, My life sucks.

Thanks for reading!