New Experience

A/N:
Based on the prompt "Chemistry".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It feels strange to be in her real body again, moving around is a little bit more difficult, her limbs feel too heavy right now. All those gun wounds, the frost and the snow surrounding her, the borrowed overalls she's wearing being definitely not enough to keep her warm, the fatigue from climbing up the chimney— looks like her time has come.

Shiho faintly stares at the gun Gin is aiming at her head, waiting for the man in black to send her to her sister and her parents.

It's then that she hears someone else, a familiar male voice, shouting something from who knows where. Her brain is far too tired to register the words, she's not even sure they're directed to her. However, it seems to alarm the two criminals as they start to look around themselves.

Whatever this person is saying, it's enough to make the two men run back inside the building without ending her.

She uses her remaining strength to adjust her position on the snow and lie on her back, facing the night sky and the fluffy snowflakes coming down on the glasses she's wearing— Professor Agasa's special glasses.

This reminds her that, in case she survives, she has to inform (once more) the detective of how stupid it was of him to claim that a pair of spectacles were the perfect disguise to keep her from being recognized by a member of the Black Organization, he ought to have told Pisco.

At least there's a bright side to this whole near-death experience— the first prototype antidote for the APTX-4869 works perfectly, not that she had any doubts about it, the experiments on her lab rats were all successful and her chemistry skills have never betrayed her so far.

It's getting colder, she's exhausted.

Her vision starts to blur and her eyelids slowly begin to drop.

"Miyano!"

Hasty steps and heavy breathing follow her name and a familiar face pops up above her— he's here. His hands trail everywhere on her body to search for any deep wounds, she can feel them on her shoulders, traveling down on her arms— they're soothing and gentle. She tilts her head sideways and moans lightly when they slither briefly on her stomach, and can't help but smile at the thought that he's being careful to avoid touching her breasts and her lower intimate parts.

"Thank heaven you're fine." She catches him mumbling.

And then his arms slide around her back and under her thighs and she's suddenly lifted from the hard and icy floor. She struggles to keep her eyes open and looks up at his face which is now considerably close to hers, finding his cerulean irises reciprocating the stare.

He's handsome.

It's nice, that curious flickering sensation vibrating inside her stomach combined with the speeding heartbeat echoing in her head, the air around her getting hotter as she listens to his reassuring whisper.

"Hey hey, you're safe, I've got you."

It's the first time she experiences something like this, she doesn't want it to end. Urged by this attraction, she places a hand on Shinichi's shoulder to balance herself and reaches up to press her lips on his cheek.

She could get used to it, the smoothness of his skin against hers and the way it warms up under her touch, his flustered expression when she draws back just slightly after a good five seconds, the strengthening of the grip he has on her and how he pulls her a little closer to his chest, the smirk that is now making its way on his visage— wait.