5 - The Unforgettable Memory.

Lucca

Why hasn't she said anything?? 

Why is she not hating me??

Why does everything feels it's too good to be true??

Why is my heart not at ease??

Question after question were popping in my head as I kept moving restless next to my angel. The night nurse forced Bella to take some pain meds before bed for her headache. Although she didn't wanted to but the nurse was very insistent and finally my angel gave in. Thank god for that or else my angel would be up all night.

After the family dinner my angel asked me to sleep next to her on the bed instead of the incliner chair that I normally rested my eyes on. I have slept enough nights without my angel and the possessive side of mine wasn't going to let anymore. 

It took my angel few minutes and she was sleeping peacefully. She molded perfectly right next to me. I thought after holding my angel in my arms my pacing heart would relax. But it just got worse. I had hundred of questions and million scenarios as to what is going to happen in future. My angel's closeness is supposed to relax me but my heart was still racing. I was scared that any minute now my angel will realise how messed up my family is and she will leave me.   

I sighed deeply as I grabbed my angels hand that was resting on my stomach. Even though she was right next to me, I constantly needed to feel her, touch her, make sure she was real and not just a vivid imagination.

I gently move my angel's hand closer to my lips as I place a soft kiss just above my ring. The princess cut ring sat so perfectly on my angel's finger, making me wonder what my Maa would think of my angel. Deep down I know she would love Bella just like I do.

I smile as I close my eyes, remembering the time my Maa first told me about love. I was maybe twelve or thirteen years old when I rushed back from school asking her what love was and my sweet Maa just smiled up at me and said.

"Love is the most beautiful thing in this world Lucca. There is no fix definition to it or answer to what love is. It's a beautiful feeling you get when you have finally found the person you can't live your life without. A rush of excitement about future."

My little ammateur brain couldn't understand anything back then but now I get it. I feel it. The first time I meet my angel, the first time I held her in my arms. The very first time I told her that I love her. Each and single moment with my angel was special.

"Lucca one day when you fall in love, you will realise the power it gives you."  

"When will I find her Maa?"  I curiously asked her.

"Oh Lucca you don't find love. Love finds you and when it does remember to hold her tight and never let her go."

"What if she doesn't love me back?" Every teenage boy's little insecure mind thinks that way and so did mine.

"Lucca if she is yours she will definitely love you and if not, no matter what you do, nothing on this earth can make her fall for you." Maa replied with so much sincerity that I believed it too. Her words were simple and straight to the point - just like Francesco's. 

Sighing I blinked my eyes open, stopping myself from thinking any future. I know what digging in my past does to me. The memories haunt me for days and I try to find some kind of escape. But not now, now I have my angel next to me and I couldn't afford any distractions. The mentally stop myself from remembering the horrible night, the night everything changed and destroyed my happy family.