6 - Waiting Room.

Lucca

I sigh as I exhale slowly, knowing too well why Francesco was getting angry. We three brother's love each other more than anything and if anyone ever tries to hurt anyone of us the other two makes sure they pays with blood. 

Francesco is doing exactly what I would do for him or Ciro and now Bella, my angel. But what they both don't know is the complete truth, a truth that destroyed our family.

"Francesco," I call him trying silently telling him to look up at me. He was avoiding my gaze and I knew he regret talking to in that tone but I get it. "Look at me." I order him but my tone was low. At my words he stands up straight shoulder back and looks at me. I hold his gaze for a minute letting him know I get why he is saying all that, I get why he is acting like that. But he need to understand I have reasons to do so and he needs to respect them.

"After Dad and Maa's death, I promised myself that I won't let anyone bring harm to anyone of you. I promised to protect you both with my life and I would keep doing that." My tone strong showing no signs of emotion or tiredness. "And when I fell in love with Bella and proposed her. I promised her that I would love her forever and do anything in my power to keep her safe."

I swallow the painful lump in my throat before continue "But I failed her not once but twice. Don't you think that makes me angry?? I just want to rip Vincent apart with my bare hands?"

The pain and anger I am going through doesn't compares to theirs. The love of my life, my angel was attacked, she was hurt because I refuse to handle Vincent. But it all stops here. I was going to make him pay for what he did to my angel. I love my Maa and respect the promise I gave her, but Vincent went a little too far this time. If it was just me, I would have neglected it like I have been doing for all this years. But now he involved my angel in his stupid revenge game and I wasn't going to forgive him this.

I turned around, looking at Ciro. "We need plan before we do anything stupid like Vincent is doing." I inform both of them as I move back to the spot and sit next to Ciro.

"So tell me what he has been doing after he left Italy." I ask as I grab the almost cup of coffee and down it in one big gulp. 

"uhh..yeah Vincent." Ciro replied as he quickly moved his gaze to his closed laptop and then up at Francesco. 

"C'mon Ciro we need to sort this out tonight. I need to know exactly what he has been doing for the past 10 years." 

"Yeah, yeah I got it." Ciro says as he tries to open is laptop with one hand while the other held the coffee mug. "Here," He says as he hands me the almost full coffee mug and gets busy on his laptop.

I shift before placing the cup in front of us on the coffee table and look at Francesco who was still standing there looking at us. "There is not point in fighting among us Francesco." I know he angry right now. "Let's see what Ciro have for us." I say as I shift to make space for Francesco to join us, looking visible tensed he exhales loudly in annoyance as he moves the coach he was previously sitting on closer to ours and take a seat on it.

"Thank you." I look right at him and shift back to my spot on the coach.

"I am sorry for yelling at you Lucca," He says meeting my eyes, "But I am not sorry for what I said about Vincent. We should have killed him when we had the chance." 

I sigh, Francesco was angry now and there was no point in talking to him right now. He was similar to Vincent in this case. There anger always coulded their judgment and that is the only reason why Dad picked me to take his place and not Vincent or Francesco.