I'd Still Say Yes

Entry for omegataefest

Top Seokjin/ Bottom Taehyung

TW:
Implied mpreg

***

It was bright sunny morning and despite Taehyung feeling unwell, he felt excited as he walks towards his car. Dr. Lee Jong Suk is sick and he called Taehyung to fill in for his duty today. Taehyung had exhausting straight duties for the previous week due to overflowing pediatric admissions in the emergency room but still he agreed to relieve for Dr. Lee’s shift.

Being an omega, Taehyung loves kids. He also wanted to have one as his own and he thinks everything has its own timing. A memory flashed back from the back of his mind and he felt a slight pang in his chest. If only things were different at that time, maybe he is happy. They are happy right now.

And even before the tears fall, he shakes his head and clears his throat. Maybe his ex-boyfriend is already mated to someone else. Taehyung must not think about him and he must focus with his own future.

“Okay, Mr. DJ what do you have for me?” Taehyung turned on the radio and after scanning the stations, he stopped on his favorite. It started to fill the car with relaxing music. Taehyung started to hum and he chuckled when the chorus played.

“Because I’d still say yes to you again. My darling for you I’d do it all again…”  

Taehyung was enthralled with the song and an image of a man popped on his mind. He realized that after a year of no communication with him, he still misses him and he hadn’t moved on ever since.

His first boyfriend, his first love, his first of everything.

Kim Seokjin, the mighty alpha lawyer, his one hell of a hot boyfriend.

“Ex.” Taehyung corrected himself.

Taehyung turned on the next street and he is now in front of the hospital. He made another turn and went straight to the basement parking. Once parked, he opened his back door and wore his white coat. He gets his bag and his favorite purple Littmann stethoscope. He walks toward the back door of the hospital and went straight to the residents’ barracks. He kept his bag on his locker and prepares for his duty. He went to the mirror and takes a last look before going straight to the emergency room.

When he entered the emergency room, he went straight to the nurses’ station to ask for the endorsement but he observed that they are already busy and no one is present on the station. Nurse Yeonjun rushed to him and asked for his help.

“Dr. Kim, there is a 5 year old kid on bed A5. Complains of abdominal pain localized on right lower quadrant. The guardian said that he vomited 5x already and refused to eat his breakfast. Temperature is 38.5 Celsius.”

Taehyung went straight to column A beds and a familiar scent hits his nose. He pulled the curtain and he saw a kid crying on the bed. The kid is guarding his abdomen and when he looked at him, he recognized him and stopped crying.

“Dareum-ah” Taehyung whispered and sits beside the kid.

“Uncle Taetae.” Dareum reached out for him and hugged him. Taehyung closed his eyes and smelled his hair. He missed the smell of sweet Dareum in his arms.

“What’s wrong baby?” Taehyung said and helped him to lie on his back. The kid obliged but his face grimaced and holds his abdomen again.

“My tummy hurts here.” Dareum pointed on his lower abdomen.

“Okay, baby. I need you to do something for me okay.” Taehyung said and the kid nodded. He carefully inspects his abdomen. He grimaced when he palpated on his abdomen.