Chapter 5 - The Perfect Morning

Charles was so excited he could barely contain himself; he hadn't felt this way in a very long time. He felt a little weird. Charles had come out of 2 long-term relationships reasonably recently, and he didn't feel enamored at the beginning of those like he did with Anett. It was 7:00 am, and he was lying in bed when a knock at the door. He knew exactly who it was, and if he weren't such a good guy, he would have knocked him the fuck out.

"Daniel Ricciardo, it's 7:00 am; this must be some new record; what can I help you with?" Charles exaggeratedly laughed. "Why are you up so early?"

"Mr. Leclerc, good morning. I am out of milk. any chance you would have some to spare?" Daniel asked as if he'd been awake for 5 hours and had 15 red bulls. If he didn't know Daniel in person, he would never believe this guy would exist.

"Yeah, man, come in for sure" Daniel followed Charles into the Monaco apartment. "But seriously, why are you awake?"

"I have been watching the Olympics tennis. Ash Barty was playing doubles, lost early in the singles, mate" Charles rolled his eyes. He found tennis the most boring sport. All it was just screaming women hitting the ball from side to side who couldn't do it? He had no idea what Daniel was saying; how could someone lose and still be playing. He handed Daniel the milk; the two talked for a while, declining an invitation to hang out for the day.

"Got better plans? A hot date or something?" The Aussie scoffed. Charles blushed. "You're joking with who? How did you meet? Man, tell me?" Daniel had changed into a 15-year-old schoolgirl, and Charles loved it. The two were close, and they were neighbors. They were very different and fierce competition, but they understood each other's world, and that was hard to find elsewhere! Charles then explained everything. About how she didn't know who he was and how she called him and challenged him. "She is so beautiful, Dan. I feel like I've known her forever." Daniel smiled; he had known Charles's other girlfriends and knew Charles was nowhere near happy.

"You are so lucky at the paparazzi rule here, or you would be fucked, my man." Monaco had a law against the paparazzi. "But just don't run into any DTS fans; you know they'll TikTok and ask for autographs." Charles now began to worry. "Also, hit me up if she has any hot friends. Cheers for the milk, bro." Dan took the milk and ran out.

Charles realized he was fucking fucked. He had a shit load of trophies in his house. How could he cover that? Not that he wanted to invite Anett over after their day for anything other than dinner and a movie. He knew that he wanted to get to know her more. What if she ran when he told her the truth? He liked her a lot, and it had been one day. He was fucked. What if he was recognized today when they were out? How would he cover that? Would the truth hurt him? Would it ruin him? He began to get ready. A casual look for the day today, he felt. Something he wouldn't be recognized in... He looked in the mirror. He couldn't wait to see what Anett was wearing. She looked beautiful even without make-up in a hoodie.

Charles didn't know where it came from, but he felt the need to tell her.

Across town, Anett was getting ready for the day with Charles. She was excited and nervous. She knew she was only here for a week, but she was smitten. It made her sad to know that nothing would come from this. That they would go back to life once this week was over and probably never see each other again. She loved getting to know him just being Anett and not Anett Kontaveit, the tennis player. She was the happiest she had been in a long time, and Anett couldn't stop smiling just as she was adding the final touches to her outfit.

She had FaceTime from Dasha

She had FaceTime from Dasha. She loved Dasha. They were best friends and kept each other sane on tour, often playing doubles together.

"Well, hello gorgeous, where are you and where are you off to running away, you gorgeous thing." She smiled. She knew Dasha would always make her smile, but for the first time in as long as she can remember, she didn't need to be cheered up.

"Dasha Kasatkina, you beautiful I am in Monaco, and I am going to hit the town with a man." Dasha looked shocked. Anett didn't date; she was very career-driven. "Monaco, so random. Make sure he's rich, although they all are there." She could see Dasha's iPad in the background, watching some F1 show she had been begging Anett to watch for ages. "Still watching that show?" Anett laughed. "Yes! So many hot guys!" Anett laughed.

She knew Lewis Hamilton; she laughed to herself who didn't and Daniel Ricciardo because he was a massive tennis fan. Anett admitted he was charming, but she would never accept that to Dasha. They talked for a short time before Dasha had to get ready for a match. "Good luck today. I wanna know all about it!" Dasha was the perfect friend, wishing Anett luck going on a date when she was about to go out to play a match. Anett knew she was lucky. Just as she put her phone down, it buzzed; she rolled her eyes, knowing it was Dasha texting her something stupid like wearing a condom. It wasn't.

Charles:
Good morning beautiful. I can't wait to see you and show you all around my hometown. X

Anett melted. She was going to be ruined when this man found out she'd been lying.

If only she knew...

Hey, all the reveal will happen in a chapter or 2! I hope this doesn't seem too rushed. Although it is entirely fake, I do kind of want it to be a bit believable. Have a great rest of your week. Let me know if you have any suggestions xx