Chapter 10 - Life gets in the way.

As it happens, Charles never made it to the US Open, and instead, he had 2 top 5 finishes in the Netherlands and Italy, respectively. Charles was pretty happy. He had been keeping up with Anett, who had not done that well at the US Open anyway. He craved to see her to speak to her and to kiss her. He just wanted to be near her. He once again checked her Instagram to see what she was up to. He had created a fake account to watch her stories and not be seen because of his verification. She was so beautiful in all her pictures. She looked terrific in her story too. It looked like she was out in New York with some friends. There were boys. Charles's heart skipped a beat. She wasn't supposed to be with boys. She was supposed to be with him. He felt like a stalker, but honestly, he didn't give a shit.

It was Wednesday, and Charles was alone in Monaco. He had a week free until he flew to Sochi the following Thursday. He didn't have any plans. He's become so obsessed with following Anett that all he does is eat and train. It is not healthy, and it hasn't gone unnoticed.

There was a knock on Charles door that afternoon, his mother. This was bad, Charles knew straight away. His mother visited often, but she always called first to make sure he was home.

"Hello, Maman", Charles said as he kissed her cheek.

"Hello, my boy. I bought you food because I know you haven't been eating, Charles." Charles rolled his eyes; even if he were eating, she would still say that.

"Now, tell your mother who she is and what is the problem."

"Why do you always assume, mum."

She looked at him with a tear in her eyes "oh, Charles. Please, I will support you no matter what. Everyone will. They will, I promise."

"What are you talking about, mum? You're being weird."

"Charles, are you coming out to me?"

Charles coughed so loudly it was comedic. "Mum, what the fuck? I'm not gay!"

His mother was almost disappointed."Oh, darling, that's fine, but you know I'll always support you?"

"Mum, I'm not gay."

"Well, what is it, my love?"

"I met a girl. She's beautiful, intelligent, gorgeous and funny."

"What is the problem then? She wants money, doesn't she?"

"MUM! She doesn't!"

"Well, don't yell at me, Charles. It bothers me that you don't tell me anything. To busy hiding things from your mother."

Charles rolled his eyes. "It doesn't matter. She's gone, and I fucked everything up."

"Tell me, my boy, what happened?" Charles sat down on the couch, and his mother didn't come.

"Are you going to come to listen?"

"Sorry, honey, it's very messy. I got carried away." his mother sat across from him continuing to make faces at the mess.

"MUM!"

"Sorry! Sorry go ahead, my baby" Charles went over the whole story. In the end, his mother came over to him sat next to him. He thought she would hug him and tell him it was all ok. She didn't. *WHACK*

"Mum! What the fuck."

"Charles! Don't you ever swear at me! Also, you deserve that for everything you did to that girl. I'm so disappointed in you. It makes me sick. I'm leaving; you better find that girl and make everything alright."

"And clean this fucking apartment." she walked out, and his mouth hit the floor. He knew she was annoyed. She never swore.

He knew he wasn't seeing her any time soon.

DANIEL RICCIARDO POV:

He heard Charles and his mother upstairs, and he knew what he had to do. He logged in and paid for everything. He sent a text to Charles.

Charles Leclerc- Keep the week between after Turkey free. We are going to the USA early.

He was sick of seeing Charles like this. He was going to solve it.

ANETT POV:

The weeks were flying by. Anett had been working with Dmitry, her new coach, for a few weeks, and it was going fantastic. She was winning; it was terrific. She had been flying high and living her best life. Ignoring the outside world and forgetting about Charles, who was she kidding. She thought about him 24/7. He was what was motivating her. The lust she felt for the beautiful man and the anger she held for what he did to her as well as the confusion. She had so much going on that hitting the ball was her outlet, and she loved it! She was winning again! Titles everything a great player does!

DASHA POV:

*DANIEL RICCIARDO HAS FOLLOWED YOU ON INSTAGRAM.*
If I were not alone 35,000 feet in the air, I would freak the fuck out and hit everyone. I was already panicking and sweating. Does this mean he knew who I was?? Fuck.

*Daniel Ricciardo has messaged you.*

"Hi Daria, I am a big fan. I was wondering if perhaps we could meet up? I have to ask you a massive favour. Please do not tell anyone about this. It's about Anett. I will be in LA and would love to come to Indian Wells to see your matches. I have bought tickets. I will be there from Tuesday all week."

I read the for what felt like the 50th time. Fan. Meet. Indian Wells. Omg! Fucking hell, wait. Anett. Why does he want to talk about Anett? I felt so uneasy. This was Daniel Ricciardo, and I'm shooting my fucking shot.

"Hi, Daniel. In all honesty, I'm trying not to freak out right now. I am a massive fan. I would love to meet up, but honestly, I am so nervous about how you know Anett? She hates F1 and has no idea about any of it. Please don't buy tickets!! I will give you the tickets. I would be honoured if you would like to watch me. I will make sure that I get your tickets in my coaching box."

"Hey, Dasha, that sounds amazing. I would love that. I think it's best we talk about it when we see each other. It will make sense then. That would be amazing. I would love that. What an amazing opportunity. Let me know what you need. I want to bring a guest if that's ok?"

"Hey Daniel, just need names, and all will be sorted."

"Daniel Ricciardo and Charles Leclerc. Dasha, you have no idea how excited I am."

"Feel free to return the favour any day 😂 I will set them up and leave them at the ticket office. Just tell them Dasha left them for you."

I sat there. It was Saturday afternoon. I was landing in a few hours. Goal avoids Anett until Tuesday because I can't keep a secret. This was going to be so difficult. I just wanted to know everything. I felt uneasy and sick.

It's all coming together, guys! They will come face to face in the next chapter, and I don't think I'm ready... Sorry I have been a little MIA. I have had exams for school. I hope you are all doing well and had a fantastic festive time. I love you will. Dx