Chapter 12 - Grandma knows best.

Anett looked up, shocked. She looked at Charles, but there was no reaction. Had he known? As Charles sat down next to Anett, she was repurchased to life by Dasha speaking. She looked at Daniel, Carlos and then Dmitry. 

"I think we should leave them be, come on, Daniel; I will show you around." Anett looked up at Charles' half-smile, and inside she felt like she could crumble and fall into his arms, but in reality, she was not ok. She needed him to know she was not ok with this. 

"Did you know?" 

A "yes" was all Charles could muster. 

"So, you knew this whole time and didn't even reach out to me?"

"Anett, you make me sound like I am at fault here; let's not forget that we both own part of this."

She knew he was right deep down; she couldn't admit it. Silence fell over them.

"You also can't tell me you didn't suspect something? I drive a Ferrari; I never worked that whole time you were there. I knew something was off about you; you weren't just in fitness."

Anett began crying and apologising.

 "I am sorry, Charles, but I can't do this. I need some time to think about what this is. I mean, we don't know each other, we know nothing about each other, our relationship is built on lies, and not to mention last time we saw each other, you made me feel like the lowest person alive. I promised myself I would come clean that night, but you ruined it. I felt something for you, and you ripped my heart out, and I don't think I can trust you ever again."

Charles felt his heart shatter; he couldn't comprehend what she had just said. Charles felt dead; he knew that he had hurt her and he was an asshole, but she said she couldn't trust him; it broke him. 

"Please, Anett, let me take you out once; let me reason with you and explain everything.."

All she could muster with tears in her eyes was, "I'm sorry, Charles, I think you should go."

He protested, but he could see how upset she was, so he walked away, blinking back his tears and urging himself to turn around, but she knew what she wanted. However, Charles knew that he was never going to give up the fight.

ANETT POV:

After realising that crying myself into an afternoon nap was not the best idea for my schedule, I awoke to my phone. Ignoring it, it started again. I couldn't be bothered answering, so I just forgot it. It rang straight away; without looking, I responded so abruptly.

"What."

"What do you mean what? So this is how you talk to your mama? So just what, no hello mama, no how are you. You rude girl."

"Mama, I am sorry. Please, I had a bad day."

"Yes, the boy that came to you. I know the fighting, Anett, you are acting so silly, without me calling you, who knows when we would speak? Grandma misses you; when do you call her?"

"How do you know about Charles?"

"Yes, again, ignore mama and grandma. I didn't even know his name. Jelena Jakoleva told me she is on tour with her daughter."

In truth, she knew Jelena would tell her mother, the Jelena's they had known them since she could remember, Jelena Ostapenko or as she and those close to her knew her as Alona and her mother, Jelena was massive in the Baltic area ever since she won Roland Garros in 2017. In all honesty, Anett couldn't stand her, and she thinks Alona reciprocated, but their mothers loved each other, so they were forced to get along.

"It is complicated, mama, and I don't want to talk about it." She almost begged her mother, but she knew that she would have to recount the story to her. 

Almost on queue, Ulke said, "You have been ignoring mama for weeks. The least you can do is tell me why." 

With a giant huff, Anett knew there was no way out of this, so she started the story. After she had recounted the story, she waited for her mother's reaction, and quite frankly, Anett didn't get what she was expecting. Her mother, she thought, had always been on her side, and that never wavered.

"You know you are just as equally at fault here, Anett, and you have some things to own up to, it sounds like you like him, and he likes you. I have to go, but you should talk with him. Don't forget to call grandma."

"I am not ready, mama, but I love you, and I will call her, don't worry." 

The phone had hung up, and she was gone. Anett sighed and spoke aloud to herself. "I guess I better call grandma."

Grandma was very popular with her friends, and she knew how well she and Dasha got along; Anett had once walked in on Dasha on the phone to someone crying of laughter, and when she got closer, she realised it was her grandma, as she was a lot older she did not travel very often. However, she kept up with Anett's results and never missed a match, even being scalded by her family when staying up until 4 or 5 am to watch her beloved grandchild.

The phone rang for two rings, and then grandma appeared on the facetime screen. She was beaming seeing her, and Anett could not hold back the tears; seeing grandma made her realise how much she missed her and loved her. Grandma was worried instantly, and Anett again poured her heart out; the loving woman she was with the blind dedication, grandma asked, "so you love him, Nettu?"

"I know I do, grandma, but I can't trust him."

"Nettu, you lied to him too, and he spent so much money flying out and seeing you; he loves you too."

"He is a formula one racing car driver Grandma; he can afford it." Anett scoffed.

"So what you are saying is he risked his reputation to get close to you? Think Nettu; there are going to be so many questions." Truthfully it was the first time she had thought about this, and she broke down again; maybe he did love her or like her a lot. You wouldn't do that for lust.

"Nettu, trust grandma, you will be ok, and I will see you soon; you call me, and we'll talk tomorrow after your match if you have time." Anett smiled up at her 

"Grandma; I always have time for you. I love you."

Grandma teared up as she spoke. "I love you too, Nettu. I will see you very soon, I promise." 

With that, grandma hung up the phone and knew there was only one thing to do. At 85, she was going to America. Her first call was to Dasha; she would keep this a secret so that no one could talk her out of it, but she needed some help.

"Grandma!" Dasha screamed as she answered the phone. 

She loved Grandma and felt she was like her own; like Anett, Grandma didn't care that she was bisexual and for someone of her age in a country like that was massive.

"Daria (grandma insisted on calling her Daria), I know what has been happening with my Nettu, and you are an amazing friend to her. I am sorry, but I need your help. I need to come today. I cant use the internet very well, and I need to keep this a secret." Grandma knew she could maybe ask one of her friends' grandkids, but they would tell their grandparents, and they couldn't keep a secret or talk her out of it. Dasha looked at Grandma in surprise. 

"I need to come for Nettu; she needs me. I need your help too. Let me give you the money." Dasha smiled as all her Christmases had come at once. She was so excited for grandma, and she yelled at her about money, knowing how good this would be for Anett.

"Grandma, you don't worry about money. I promise. There will be a car waiting for you." Grandma argued with Dasha for 10 minutes before they settled on 'we will talk about it when I get there.' Dasha sorted all the flights and accommodation. Grandma was leaving in 6 hours and would fly overnight. She had to do one more thing, but she would not even trust Dasha with it.

"My Daria, I love you as if you were my own. I can't wait to see you and remember not a word to Nettu."

"I love you, grandma. I will see you soon." 

Another Chapter and some Charles and Anett Drama. Some exciting things, a new character! Grandma is about to blow the story wide open with her PLAN! Also, Grandma is legit, that foreign grandma we all know and love. Like mine.