Chapter 4

Between sneaking off to tutor Blaise to going with Dumbledore for "private lessons" Harry was barely managing to spy on Draco and figuring out slughorn. He was also in the Slug Club so that was helping him.

Soon the quidditch tryouts came and Harry had to be in charge of it being the captain and all. Hermione sat watching as the tryouts went.

Harry gave her a nervous smile, he was glad she was there but having to pick and chose from people, some of his friends, was still awkward for him.

"come on Ron, you can do it." he quietly whispered to himself. Ron was facing off again McLaggen who was doing really good. Well he was doing good until Hermione casted a confundus charm on him. Harry pretended not to see as he turned over to Ron who successfully blocked another goal.

At the end he ended up with Katie, Ron, Ginny, Demelza, Jimmy and Richie.

He changed to his normal clothes and walked over to Hermione after tryouts, "saw what you did."

Hermione didn't meet his eyes, "what did I do?"

"the confundus charm." Harry told her.

Hermione looked at him, "Fine yes it was me. But he was talking bad about some of the team, he would've been bad for the team."

Harry raised an eyebrow, "are you sure that's the only reason?"

Hermione nodded, "are you going to sneak off again with Zabini?"

Harry flushed, "Don't change the conversation, how did you find out?"

Hermione chuckled shrugging, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

Harry stared at her, "You're spying on me?"

Hermione rolled her eyes, "I was worried about you Harry. What's going on?"

Harry sighed, "I'm just tutoring him."

Hermione slowly nodded just as Ron arrived. He smiled, "what are we talking about?"

Hermione shook her head, "nothing really."

Ron looked between them and shrugged it off. Probably something boring.

________

Blaise couldn't get the image of Potter in his quidditch uniform out of his head. Why did it start affecting him suddenly? He shoved his face to the couch pillow.

A small chuckle came from behind him, it was Pansy. "what's wrong Blaise?"

Blaise debated in his head whether he should tell her or not. He sighed, he needed to talk about this. "I can't get thst infuriating gryffindor out of my head."

Pansy sat next to him "you like him," she whispered in shock.

"Don't tell Dray." Blaise pleaded.

Pansy hugged him, "I'm not going to, you can trust me." She smiled softly, "what's the plan now?" Blaise shrugged, he didn't know what to do now. Pansy sighed, "well you could now try to actually get him to date you."

"he might not even like men." Blaise said.

Pansy nodded, "we'll figure it out. For now try to flirt with him and see how he reacts."

Blaise nodded in agreement. He could do this, he has flirted with others before. Potter was no different.

________

Blaise met up with Harry in the library. Blaise gave him a charming smile, "hey."

Harry returned the smile, "hello."

Blaise pulled out a chair for him, "let's begin."

Harry was taken back by that simple action, it was a kind gesture but not one he would expect from this slytherin towards him. "thank you."

They began the session with helping Blaise understand the newest lesson on his muggle studies. Soon they just began doing other homework and making small talk. Blaise excused himself to go get a book and got bumped by Seamus on his way back. Blaise just glared at him and walked back to Harry.

"your gryffindor friend looks mad." Blaise told Harry.

Harry looked up from his homework, "which one?"

"Finnigan."

Harry nodded, "he probably saw Dean kiss Ginny or something."

Blaise raised an eyebrow, "he likes weaslette?"

Harry shook his head, "he is respectfully afraid of her. He does like Dean though."

Blaise shrugged, "that's more understandable." He straightened up on his chair, "is it true muggles are against all of that or is it just a lie to make then seems worse?"

Harry shifted uncomfortable in his chair, "most are closed minded. Unless they're not completely straight then they're probably against it."

"are you against it?" Balsie asked carefully. Harry shook his head making Blaise smile. "good. Here we care more about the bloodline but not who you're dating. I myself don't care for what my partner is other than them being human."

Harry smiled, "yeah. I guess I also don't really care."

Blaise tried so hard to hide a smile forming on his lips. "cool."

Harry laughed lightly, "very."

They talked for a little bit more until Harry had to leave. Blaise took a deep breath, "you know, you're not too bad Harry. I really did enjoy talking to you about things other than school work."

Harry nodded, "I guess slytherins aren't all thst bad. See you around Blaise."

Blaise gave him a soft smile and watched him leave. He was in big trouble but maybe getting in trouble wouldn't be that bad.